Ruger 10/22 magazines

TonyH

Does any UK dealer offer a custom or semi-custom magazine for the 10/22? I could do lots of Googling but there's so much expertise here it might save time just to ask. I don't want extended mags, banana-shaped things, just standard type 10-round jobs but perhaps built to a higher standard than the regular Ruger ones, and maybe in different colours too. I already know the US Clark company makes some red/clear ones, don't know if these are available here.

Thanks, Tony

Does any UK dealer offer a custom or semi-custom magazine for the 10/22? I could do lots of Googling but there's so much expertise here it might save time just to ask. I don't want extended mags, banana-shaped things, just standard type 10-round jobs but perhaps built to a higher standard than the regular Ruger ones, and maybe in different colours too. I already know the US Clark company makes some red/clear ones, don't know if these are available here.

Thanks, Tony

What are your issues with the standard magazine? I have some that are decades old that are still functioning -requiring only periodic disassembly and cleaning. About the most I've ever done was to polish the metal feed ramps to enhance function with certain specialty ammo.~Andrew

What are your issues with the standard magazine? I have some that are decades old that are still functioning -requiring only periodic disassembly and cleaning. About the most I've ever done was to polish the metal feed ramps to enhance function with certain specialty ammo.~Andrew

No issues Andrew, just want extra mags and I thought I might as well get the best available - if there are genuinely better ones to be had.

Tony

The red/clear ones were sold here as an anniversary magazine from ruger, Tony. They looked great, but quickly turned opaque when used.

The standard magazine is a very good mag, providing its stripped and cleaned regularly, and its spring set at 2.5 turns as opposed to the factory one turn.

We sell eagle 10 rounders which are also excellent, but are a small banana mag, and also the tactical inc banana,s too.

I use nothing but tuned standard mags in competition....they are the most reliable.

Archived