New Hornady run out gauge and tool

Gandy

Read a few articles by the bench rest chaps to see what might just give me that little be of extra accuracy from my reloads.

I seem to be doing things mostly right but I don't measure run out so went on the reloading solutions website to see what they had.

Hornady have a new tool (under the new products page) this not only measured run out but provides a mechanism for adjustment.

Phoned up and they are all sold out wondered if anyone had one, seem to have ok reviews on web just keen to hear if they are worth the money as they are not cheap.

Yep, got one myself, and use it on all match ammo these days. It will make a difference more so, on ammo loaded on cheap dies, or factory ammo, as these have greater runout. I have found that all my ammo runs out to 0.002" or less, because its all loaded on Redding competition dies. Its a simple job to true it up...it will also show up the odd cartridge that is running out more....which could be that "flyer"

Well worth having if you are serious about your handloading, and do all the other case prep etc.

Archived