Accu shot monopod and atlas bi pod

Well it has been a long wait but they finally arrived complete with fitments for TRG. Kelsey was most helpful in identifying all the bits I would need but neglected to mention that they were 'backed up' still I had waited months for them to manufacture the fittings for a TRG so what was a few extra weeks?

What can I say? They are probably the best bit of engineering that I have seen since I left the MOD. I know it is sad but when I worked for the MOD every thou mattered in a way that no one else seems to bother about these days. Having said that the MOD would have made them weigh a ton and these are surprisingly light.

The design is very well thought out to the point of being elegant. Every thing feels solid and robust. I like that the leg adjustment is easy with one hand and the legs have 'notches' so it is easy to get both sides even - one of the problems that I have with Harris is I find it really difficult to adjust and get it even on anything other than fully open or fully closed.

The bipod was easy to fit, although I think I will have to find some slightly shorter allen bolts as I think the current ones are fractionally long and hence not tightening as much as I would like. Granted you need a screwdriver to remove the bipod, but my TRG is essentially a target shooting rifle and as such I hardly ever take it off any way. It folds away neatly and has the option of locking in to 45 degrees or 90 degrees. And well frankly it looks like the dogs danglies.

Fitting the monopod requires drilling in to the stock and since I dont really have the correct clamps to hold the gun whilst doing this Im going to take it to a friendly gun smith to make sure it is nice and square. This looks just as well made and thought out.

Only slight fly in the ointment I am not currently expecting to go to bisley until mid December so it will be a little while until I can comment on its use. Meanwhile will have to content myself with taking it out daily to love and stroke it :)

They claim it has withstood use in Iraq so should be as robust as they appear and the list of users is impressive, although I think most of these are probably for the monopod, rather than the bipod.

Without shooting it I would say that whilst not cheep (unless you are comparing to sako bipod) it is probably worth the money and looks like it should last a lifetime.

is there any chance of a couple of piccies on the rifle bluebell, sounds like a good piece of kit.

How noisy is the bipods legs while extending them into its notches?

Will post some pickies when I have monopod fitted Mid week hopefully.

Noise well not a patch on me swearing at a Harris ;) But yes there is a little noise if you extend quickly but Im sure that with practice you could get it quite quiet as it is so well made and oiled.

Thats why I had to wait so long ;)

I understood the plan from Kasey was to produce a TRG specific bipod adapter that mimicked the OEM Sako fitment ie: the whole adapter and bipod removes by lifting a lever.

Why do you need a screwdriver to remove the bipod ?

TC

PS. The monopod works really well....

19092008046.jpg

The bipod uses the rail etc but I assume it is held in by their standard 'clamp' A piece fits in the forend rail with a notched face that the bipod slides over and then is held in place with 2 bolts that fit in the slots on the notched face a bit like a picanty rail mechanism. I assume that it needs this to hold it all in place and that a release leaver would have 'recoil issues'

The bipod uses the rail etc but I assume it is held in by their standard 'clamp' A piece fits in the forend rail with a notched face that the bipod slides over and then is held in place with 2 bolts that fit in the slots on the notched face a bit like a picanty rail mechanism. I assume that it needs this to hold it all in place and that a release leaver would have 'recoil issues'

OK I understand now, you are mounting on the Anschutz type rail on the underside of the forend ?

If you look above that, just under the barrel you will see the T shaped slot where the OEM Sako bipod slots in. Kasey is due to release an adapter that will slot straight in to there which should lower the centre of gravity and allow you to remove the bipod easily too.

I've been waiting for a while, hence my interest ;)

TC

Meanwhile will have to content myself with taking it out daily to love and stroke it ;)

Steady Bluebell ;)

Great to hear it all arrived, looking forward to hearing more about how it performs in action when at Bisley.

As Weejohn said, would love to see some piccy's.

Cheers Steve

OK I understand now, you are mounting on the Anschutz type rail on the underside of the forend ?

If you look above that, just under the barrel you will see the T shaped slot where the OEM Sako bipod slots in. Kasey is due to release an adapter that will slot straight in to there which should lower the centre of gravity and allow you to remove the bipod easily too.

I've been waiting for a while, hence my interest ;)

TC

Yep that would be what I have. Sits in the rail not the T slot. The adaptor for the rail has only recently been released I believe, Not heard anything about one to fit in the T shaped slot....

Hi TC how did you fit the monopod? yours looks as if it is recessed in to the stock as well as secured from behind the but plate? Looking at it Im not convinced that I have been sent the correct parts :(

^_^ Not so..... All you need is one of my amazing value shooting tables.... :P

Whilst they are very good they are hardly 'tactical' ;)

How u guys surviving the flu hun ?

Well Nige had man flu ofcourse but I only really had a cold.

Oh, i found a spare collet & pin for my .243 sizing die so it's up and running again..

Thanks still cant believe I did that :(

Hi TC how did you fit the monopod? yours looks as if it is recessed in to the stock as well as secured from behind the but plate? Looking at it Im not convinced that I have been sent the correct parts :(

Mine has been fitted while - before the TRGR kit was out. It's a length of Picatinny rail with the stock milled to accept it and bedded/screwed with the hollow in the stock filled with liquid Hysol.

As I understand the kit from Kasey you will drill the stock to accept the mounting screws and insert a round bar in to the hollow tube in the stock and screw through the stock in to the bar. (Take the butt pad off and you will see the hollow tube in the stock.) The long screw is just there to help you get the round bar in to the right place to line up with your drilled holes. Obviously best done in a drill press or mill.

NB - on mine the hollow tube was off centre slightly so eyball it before you drill or you will never line the screw holes up !

TC

• 1 month later...

Hi All I know that TC was interested in a mounting on to the T piece for his TRG. I have just had an e mail from Kasey to say they have a prototype and expect to release in Feb. Now if I could just work out how to post the photos....

Archived