Near MFG Rings

Elwood

I have emailed this question to Near MFG but haven't recieved a reply as of yet.

Can anyone tell me if Near make 25mm rings? there's nowt on their website saying that they do, but there's a photo of a Zeiss Conquest using Near rings, I was under the impression that the Conquest was a 25mm tube.

Ian

pretty certain the Zeiss scopes are either one inch (26mm) or 30mm

http://www.zeiss.de/C1256BCF0020BE5F/Conte...5256BCF0061320D

Bugger

Cheers Andy, I did actually mean 1 inch, to me 25mm is 1 inch, but then again I'm a heathen who ties stuff together with bailer twine and welds wood together with four inch nails :lol:

Who else makes quality light 1 inch rings? I know Badger do but they require a plastic insert and probably aren't that light.

Here's the plan, I want to put a Near 20 MOA rail on my Sako and use the Zeiss conquest scope that's on top all ready on it, the most sensible way of doing so would be to have used Near rings as well.

The not so sensible way is too sell the Zeiss and buy a high mag light 30mm tube scope.

Near would be a good choice.

So would Farrell

Less spendy are TPS (look in the Brownels inventory)

Sure they (TPS) do inch rings - I use their 30mm rings on pretty much all my own rifles.

If you want really light, BAT, Kelby, Jewel etc make ally rings, but they are $$$

I use a set of BAT rings, and they are extremely well made - but they are made specific to each size of BAT action, so I doubt they would fit any other make.

I did try and get some Near rings a while ago, and eventually got a reply from them. The only mounts they offered that fittted a 30mm/56 diameter scope was their 'Alphamount' which looks a bit strange with three rings. They weren't interested at all in selling/manufacturing some ordinary stainless mounts on that size, so I gave up. Their 30mm rings are the equivalent of 'low' in most other makes. The 'Alphamount' is also nearly three times the price of BAT rings - slightly absurd!

The website is also very unclear as to what exactly they sell, and in what sizes.

Guest dasherman

I've got a few spare pairs of Kelby 1" single screw rings. They are very light but fit a Davidson dovetail rail as on the top of a Panda action. What do you need a 20moa rail for? I thought this was for running deer - not exactly long range.

The ring fairy has just been (not sure I should have written that) and it looks like I might be sorted, from a very interesting source.

Here's a photo for you all.

railrings.jpg

The Near website is indeed very unclear.

Neil, you're right, the running deer isn't far, but it's better to have and never need than to need and never have or something like that :lol:

And the interesting bit is they are or will be made here in the UK by our very own James Clark (kaleidescope)

Please don't ask me any question about the rings or rails, all I can tell is that the rings are round and black and the rail is long, thin and also black.

Please direct your questions to James, I'm sure in time he will have a look at this thread and pass on all the relevant information

thanks ian i may be interested in soe of these for my current project , so come on james tell us all about them

Archived