computer programs

Guest varmartin

I use `Xbal `and `load from a disc`...both are very good. As usual though, data input is paramount.

There are lots of free ones on the webb that work very well too.

Martin

Perry systems - Exbal is the best (IMHO) ballistic software available. Perry systems make the Nightforce programme by the way.

I have Exbal and use it on PC and Palm, I also have Sierra Infinity, Quickload and a couple of other lesser known ballistic programmes.

Exbal is perhaps the simplest to use in the field and is extremly accurate.

I can virtually guarantee first round contact out to, well, lets just say silly ranges - providing my rifle control is on par.

I'll give you an example;

After a BDS shoot yesterday, there was a "fun" comp, the targets were fig 11 ETR, set out at 200, 320, 420 and 580 yards (checked with laser). The shots were taken from seated position (to make things interesting)

A couple of the chaps there didn't know their beyond 300, they had .308 and 22-250. However they did know their MV, so using the figures I had, i entered the parameters and gave them the dial up and drop in inches.

They, like me hit all four targets with 4 shots.

Nuff said?

Guest 308Panther

Sorry Boys....

I dont use any of them....

My home pc is developing CRS....

Most of my data I keep in a Snipers Data Book....plus some simple notes taped to the forestock.

Data book ran me $40.

308Panther

Sittining on my desk is a PALM One Tungsten E2 - it was about £100 five years ago, never failed me yet, its been frozen, wet and hot. Very reliable.

Always have drop tables as back up though ;)

hi

iv got a spv m3100 and a spv m700 phone and i can run exbal on this and tom tom so i only have to take one bit of kit with me,

all so i have exbal for the computer, not used many of the other ones out there but i find exbal very easy to use.

ATB

Colin :huh:

Guest 308Panther
Ann Summers do some excellent "palm pilots" :lol:

And.....I understand she has some rampant rabbits too....

But,dont spent tooo much time in the fields.....or the Mrs. will have a bunny bash of her own. ;)

308Panther

Archived