Access to MoD Ranges

Hi, I live within easy driving distance of the Rogiet MoD range, and would like to join a club which has access to that range.

Can any one advise on a club which has access? I have a SSC, and have had a FAC for 50+ years, and am a member of two other clubs which unfortunately do not have long range facilities

Reason is, I want to stretch my 308 to 400 and 600 yards, but the maximum safe distance I have on my land is 330 yards.

Another factor is that I am a bit disabled, and would need to be able to drive to firing point (or within a few yards anyway) - not a problem on my land as I use a quad bike, but I doubt that would be allowed on a MoD Range!

M (twiddling his thumbs in wet, wet Monmouthshire)

Offas Dyke Rifle Club (ODRC). 

Rogiet is a lovely range. Car park is only but 30m from the 600m firing point, though the firing point has a steep-ish (if short) incline to the top of the embankment. There are ‘steps’ cut into the embankment to help with the walk. I doubt you would get a wheelchair up there if needed though (unsure if you have one or not).

Rogiet is only shot at 600m, unless you need to shoot a HME test, which is briefly done at 100m. Some of the other ranges (eg Kingsbury A) split the day 300m and 600m.

There is a tarmac road going down to the butts and there’s usually a car to help take people down there and back if needed.

Hi Catch, thanks for the info - not got as far as the wheel chair, so the 30m and steps would not be a problem. Is one allowed to use a folding table and chair at the firing point or can it only be shot prone?