Would you be confident with this for 1000m ??

One on top of two

Need a little bit of advice . 

Ive been shooting and reloading for 2 decades but only  5.56 / 6 /6.5 /7 mm I’m new to the 30 cal family. A couple of months back I bought a Tic Tac in . 308 win for the sole intention of ranges upto 600m ( I have the same set up in 6.5  creedmoor for 1000/1200m )  anyway I have been very very happy the performance of the .308 and shooting out to 600m , but it got me thinking about maybe using it for the 1000m stuff . So I started to make so ammo for longer ranges . 

Below is my results from today with my latest batch . ( I knocked a few up last weekend but the SD &ES was bugging me a bit as I felt I could maybe get them a little tighter ) 

I had only made 15 rounds , a couple to warm the barrel,  5 for the  chrono, and the rest to zero my scope .

so my question to you lot with bucket loads more experience than me with the .308 

would you be happy with this load ? 

And more the point , will it get me out to 1000m ? 

Assuming that's the 175 scenar, the given BC is 0.490. and using 2690fps average velocity. 

Using Strelok it gives velocity at 1100 yard (roughly 1000M) as 1150fps which is likely to be transonic and possibly a bit wobbly. 1000yards 1257fps

Alan

Yep , it’s a scenar L  175 

im using StrelokPro and yes that the same results I’m getting , just wondering how it compares to real world shooting ? 

Worst case scenario, it will be a fantastic 600m round .... as long as the old git behind the trigger decides to join in . 

11 hours ago, One on top of two said:

I’m not surprised 🤔😂 

I’m only a mere 106 ft ASL 

Yeah. On a good day I can shoot 168's to 1000 with regularity. One of the benefits of living in the boondocks.~Andrew

Archived