Multi calibre BARLOC

Hi there  has any members on ukv , got any feedback on the above system. Using it how good or bad it is and practically  many thanks Lee.

Thinking BAT, 2 calibres . Will it be a big job to install , machine ,stock

Is it worth the effort , for multi cal saturday night special 👍

Cheers Lee 

Looks like an interesting and clever system.

But I wonder about some of the practicalities. To get the best repeatable return to zero, i'd argue you need a consistent torque on the barrel. Ideally I'd say you need a barrel vice and torque wrench set to a specific value that you use each time. It seems several users of BARLOC also suggest to get the most repeatable return to zero from it, you need a barrel vice. So if that's the case, it'll be just as simple to use a barrel vice with action wench as it would be a barrel vice with the BARLOC.

But I guess if you're in the field and want to spin a new barrel in, without worring too much about the most repeatable torque, then fine. Ultimately I think that's who the BARLOC is aimed at. It's people in PRS who might want to switch calibre mid match or something?!

You've also got to consider the clearance  between scope and the BARLOC when getting the wrench to fit. If there's not enough clearance, you may need to look into a good QD mount for you scope. If so, I can whole heartedly recommend the ERA TAC one piece QD mount (not their incline..not used that) because it is excellent.

Thanks 22 dont mind ,quick release spuhr, be aswell as taking  tube off  in gun vice as you have said  as to Boreloc. Wanted something  to change quickly, and without the hassle of barrel vice. Similar to DTA, Accuracy int quick change less pissing about, but thanks for your input all the same 👍

8 hours ago, lee w 118 said:

GARY i dont think so ,thanks all the same 👍😁 Lee. Stick with single shot Bat, Have you got a single shot  follower i can borrow 🤣

I can sell you one, £25 delivered, mates rates not applicable

10 hours ago, lee w 118 said:

Thanks 22 dont mind ,quick release spuhr, be aswell as taking  tube off  in gun vice as you have said  as to Boreloc. Wanted something  to change quickly, and without the hassle of barrel vice. Similar to DTA, Accuracy int quick change less pissing about, but thanks for your input all the same 👍

If you are after a quick change feature similar to the AT then take a look at the West Texas Ordnance Switchlug. I've just had one added to my rifle to allow switching between 308 Win and 6 Creed. You can literally swap a barrel inside a minute.

I haven't had an opportunity to test for repeatable return to zero, etc. yet but the .308 barrel is shooting as accurately as it was before being recut for the switchlug.

Not sure if they do one to fit your action..

6 hours ago, lapua said:

I can sell you one, £25 delivered, mates rates not applicable

Funny that, you have a single sled, for a repeater chassis, and i have gone the other way whith my set up, best of luck with your bits 😁

From what I can see the Barloc in the image is a savage small diameter thread (1.062” x 20 tpi)

your BAT thread is 1.062” x 18 TPI therefore not compatible

ARC may make a compatible barloc for that thread I’d either email Ted direct or ask Paddy who imports their excellent products 

you could walkway mill a hex into the barrel end so a wrench can be fitted ,,,,,,, 

Lee, I replied on my phone and didnt see the drop down menu for thread size - the second one down 1 1/16th x 18TPi is the same size as 1.062" x 18 tpi (your BAT Tenon thread)

Apologies

15 minutes ago, Ronin said:

Lee, I replied on my phone and didnt see the drop down menu for thread size - the second one down 1 1/16th x 18TPi is the same size as 1.062" x 18 tpi (your BAT Tenon thread)

Apologies

No worries Andy the west ordnance looks a lot easier to install have to email them and see if i can use there Lug on me BAT cheers any way 👍

• 4 weeks later...

Paddy Dane imports American Rifle Co products - so may have this in stock  (Barloc not WTO product)

Archived