Vortex Razor gen 2 4.5-27x56

I have to say, that of all the scopes I’ve ever owned, the Gen 2 Razor is one of my firm favourites. Good tracking, very clever turrets, and glass which is right at the front of the pack. Try as I might, I couldn’t even force chromatic aberration with the Gen 2 Razor, making it only 1 of 2 scopes that I can say that about.

The Gen 2 Razor really is an entirely different beast from all the other Vortex products, and their customer service is spot on.

Good luck with the sale - I just hope you don’t look back in years to come at ‘the one that got away’...

I bought it for my 6br,but replaced it with a 12-50 pm2,from a UKV member. I have a .204,which is more of a walkabout rifle,which is a heavy barrelled Sako in a laminate stock,heavy enough on its own,with the Razor it’s just too heavy and tbh,I’m not a fan of the open ret on the Razor,I’ve always liked a floating dot. But, I think the turrets are on par with the Kahles and the best I’ve used,the optical clarity is great,I even like the colour....

I shan’t drop the price any further, so may not be a missed opportunity after all. 

Sean,I I would pick the Razor turrets over the S&B,but do you consider it optically superior? 

The turrets are the best ive used and the way it zeros is smart as you can get zeroed exactly in the middle. I think the glass is much the same no better no worse to my eyes anyway. If your scope had the EBR1 reticle “the same as mine”  I would swap my 5-25 PM2 for it no problem. 

To my eyes the glass on the pm2 is better,but I prefer the eye box on the Razor. The turrets on the pm2 are good,it has 1/8 adjustments and positive clicks,but I do find myself going past and having to click one back,doesn’t happen on the Razor,which as you say are one of the best designs out there and I like the low,wide turrets with lots of elevation per turn. 

I like the huge mag on the pm2 and I rarely go below 25x,mirage not a problem here,and often shoot on 50x. 

I do prefer 2nd over 1st focal plane and though the open ret means you don’t obscure the POA, it’s not ideal for targets,but it feels bombproof,sturdier than the Schmidt,but it feels half as heavy again. 

• 11 months later...