I am selling this hunting knife by J Rigby, beautifully made with the Rigby name etched on the blade  it was purchased by the original owner in 1994 for a safari in Africa, and at a cost then of £350 but was never used and as such is in very nice condition,I have no idea what this would cost today but as with anything bearing the Rigby name it would not be cheap! I would like £285 inc postage ,if you require more information and photos please pm,cheers Dave .

May p/x for scope 3.5-15 nightforce /Vortex ect.

IMG_2514.JPG

• 2 weeks later...
On 9/11/2018 at 12:06 PM, perkin steel said:

Is it made of stain less steel?

Hi, no not stainless steel as far as I can tell I passed a magnet over it and it attracts so possibly stainless steel combined with another? I'm no expert and I'm  not sure to be honest cheer Dave .

10 hours ago, Villadave59 said:

Hi, no not stainless steel as far as I can tell I passed a magnet over it and it attracts so possibly stainless steel combined with another? 

Ferritic or martensitic stainless steel is the most common grade for knife making, both types attracts a magnet, only austenitic stainless doesnt.

9 hours ago, Big Al said:

Ferritic or martensitic stainless steel is the most common grade for knife making, both types attracts a magnet, only austenitic stainless doesnt.

Thanks for that Al,as blade is not marked I have to say I don't know but based on what you've told me it could well be "martenistic "stainless steel ,hope this helps Perkin steel 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived