S&B Creedmoor Brass

Triffid

The NRA is selling S&B 6.5 Creedmoor 140gn ammo at £17 for 20. Has anyone tried it yet?

From what I've found on various sites, the velocity is on the low side at about 2500 fps and people are reporting various levels of  success with it. But I'm more concerned with the quality of the brass for later reloading. I can't find out much about the quality of S&B brass generally so would appreciate anyone's experience with it in 6.5CM or any other rifle calibre.

Thanks

Triffid   

• 4 months later...

I have tried the S&b I found the original load shot at just under 2600fps from memory. After wet tumbling and full length resizing I reloaded with 43.5gns of RS 62 and on a fairly cold day (7c ish ) I was recording 2800fps I had no hard extraction or primer problems, there were no issues with the looks of the brass after use. Btw it was shot through a Sabbati mk2 str with a 26in barrel. 

Hth

Thanks Saferider.

I tried a pack of the factory stuff at 600x a month ago and it was generally OK . . . 1 guess about 1MOA so perhaps 10-ring stuff rather than V-bull. I'll dig out my sight settings later, but it needed some extra elevation compared to my normal load of the 142SMK at about 2750fps. I don't think it's 1000x fodder.

I haven't done any reloading of the cases yet, but I'll wait until I've accumulated enough to get a decent batch together. Then I'll do some QC checks on the brass and report back.

What bullet were you using?

Triffid 

Archived