Countryside Alliance - Online abuse must stop NOW – Join our Thunderclap

JabaliHunter

Countryside Alliance: With the growth of social media over the past few years there has been an increase in threatening and abusive behaviour towards those involved in lawful activities. From farmers to country sports participants this unacceptable abuse online must stop. Everyone has disagreements, and we support robust debate and freedom of speech, but the line has been crossed too many times now, and nobody should be subject to violence or intimidation online. CA are calling on social platforms to take these threats seriously and take action by standing up to those who incite hatred and violence.
Thunderclap is the first-ever crowdspeaking platform that helps people be heard by saying something together. It allows a single message to be mass-shared, flash mob-style, so it rises above the noise of your social networks. By boosting the signal at the same time, Thunderclap helps a single person create action and change like never before.
If you sign up, CA will post a one-time message to your account on April 13 at 4:00PM BST.

I stand against online abuse and bullying of people in the countryside. #reportonlineabuse

No.

What a load of b_ollocks.

No-one is subject to 'violence online', it is not physically possible.

Intimidation and threats are illegal, report to the police. If the CA really care let them increase their subscriptions and start making private prosecutions like other self serving activist charities.

Abuse is another man's free speech so you are onto a loser there buddy.

I have not forgotten how the CA were happy to sell shooting down the river to save fox hunting, so those over-privileged pompous inbred half-wits had better learn to suck it up.

Where is the best place for me to post similar abuse ??

ps you can't sue me because the truth is a defence in the law

sorry disagree

abuse take many forms and I'm sure yourself if spoken to in a certain way would eventually turn around and say no stop crossed a line, and would only take so much

bullying maybe only verbal but in lot of case have ruined lives or even caused folks to take their own life due to abuse

freedom of speech is one thing

abuse is not freedom of speech

paul

Never really understood online bullying wouldn't you just block offenders? I get crank calls late at night, emails from dogooders etc its so easy to block these people!!

Archived