.20 Cal Cleaning

What sort of drop off are we talking about? I'm getting a .20 cal itch but i couldnt cope with a rifle that looses hunting accuracy because it hadnt been cleaned for a couple of shots? Are you talking pull through or proper clean??

Yeh in my 204 i reckon its about the box of 50 mark! its not the copper that kills me it's more tha carbon, im running 10x but trying a new powder tommorw with trusted info im hoping to get another 300fps and hopefully no lumps of coal when im cleaning

Yeh in my 204 i reckon its about the box of 50 mark! its not the copper that kills me it's more tha carbon, im running 10x but trying a new powder tommorw with trusted info im hoping to get another 300fps and hopefully no lumps of coal when im cleaning

What sort of drop off are we talking about? I'm getting a .20 cal itch but i couldnt cope with a rifle that looses hunting accuracy because it hadnt been cleaned for a couple of shots? Are you talking pull through or proper clean??

It's not like inches worth tbh my barrel is really bad at the at the moment and has gone from .2 to about 1 inch but that with about 200 rounds down the tube before a super deep clean... let's just say its not like the 270 :-D

N133 seems to do the trick.

Funnily enough its N135 im going to try! I contacted Richard Utting at Sharp Shooting Uk and he sugested 27.4 of N135 will get my 20 inch barrel up to just over 3700 with an 39sbk and i quote "A killer accurate load". He mentioned he had the same problem with a 204 20" barrel and this recipe rectified it. He gave the same recipe with matching results to 3 others running the T3 20"

I have both a 20Tac and 20BR - to be honest I can't say Ive seen either lose accuracy due to fowling but then again Im not going 200 shots between cleans. Its rare that I would shoot 50 rounds in a day, or even a week but at around 50 I will wet patch with Butch's Bore Shine, I cleaned the 20Tac today and by the 4th wet patch it was coming out clean. Thats N133 in a Pacnor 3 groove.

Archived