WTT: RPA Interceptor/Rangemaster

Some of you noticed I have a favoured RPA rifle that my better half has difficulty operating (RPA bolt lift). This will be a long shot, but whatever. Because the girl is small, has trouble opening the bolt, but loves to shoot and I can´t afford another build at the moment – I´d like to see whether there would be any interest for a swap. Not the girl, talking the rifle. Keep your stronger wives. It´s worth trying here first since some of you may have a rifle you no longer use because of caliber preference or whatever… so here goes:

RPA01_zps29382be0.jpg

What I have started life as an RPA Interceptor #100-898, 7.62x51mm, 26” barrel that has seen less than 2000 rounds until now (would provide log). Has the brake, 20MOA rail and the 0.5kg trigger unit. I have a trigger from Adam Davies currently installed (two stage F-Class, 200g let off, could adjust even lower) and a like new Rangemaster Chassis. Three ten-round magazines and a single-loading follower. Lot of spare parts just in case (complete bolt internals – entire FP assembly etc, belleville stacks as well as traditional springs). Could include a MAK Milmont 20MOA/34mm mount and some other accessories.

RPA_02_zps58552c02.jpg

All I´m really looking for is a „user friendly“ build – preferably a 2-lug, easy to open action. Would probably jump on an AI or SAKO folder as well. DBM or internal mag feed preferred, but even a single shot rifle might fit. Don´t want any screaming barrel burner, but on the other hand I don´t really care – as far as the caliber is reloadable and usable up to 1km for our competition. The girl can handle magnums, too, recoil´s not prohibitive.

RPA_01_mensi.jpg

The rifle indeed is in Prague, CZ; but import/export papers are easy and fast.

Holding my breath now…. and merry Chritmas to all!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Still available. It´s apparently more difficult to do the paperwork on the UK side than in Czech, but I´m prepared to help with that work as necessary.

We´d happily swap the RPA for a 223 tactical/fclasser rifle.

• 2 weeks later...
Just verified that it shoots straight yesterday:

Senica_140315_zps233538cb.jpg

...even though the conditions were not ideal:

All that was written earlier applies. I can import/export to and from virtually anywhere, Europe or USA, locality is not an obstacle on our side. Paperwork is a matter of days. Rigged up R700 clone build or a TRG for our RPA, please? Anything below 338LM will be considered (caliber prohibited in some of our competitions).

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 5 months later...

After some time... and after a range day of trying different stuff it seems, surprisingly, that we´ve found the holy grail in Savage rifles. So I´ll trade the beast with accessories for two (2) identical LRP or Palma rifles, either in 308 or any of the 6.5 flavours.

Good choice, and easy barrel changes.................I put a 6BR barrel on the girlfriends Savage F/TR, and she hasn't looked back. (308 was messing her shoulder up)

Definitely a 1/2 MOA rifle, and she loves it.

H/man

• 1 month later...

Been a long way since the begining of the idea and finally I´ve settled on building two Tikka T3s in 6.5x55.

Everything you see here (and more pics of all the accessories that goes with it here: LESS THE SCOPE - that one I´ll keep, altough we can discuss - is hence for sale for CZK 130.000,- = GBP 3.400,- = EUR 4.600,-

Archived