NV Which one, advice please

Ronin

Yes mine is the 10x model.

There will be an external battery pack available soon apparently.

I use a Ti spotter until I actual take the shot and hence the run time on the scope is quite good as it is not on for long

Anthony is your one the 5x with the doubler or the new 10x ?

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is the original model with the doubler fitted, I was not aware that the new built in 10x model was available yet.

OK Anthony , I thought the same that the new model was not out as yet but in the NV world you never know :huh::)

OK Anthony , I thought the same that the new model was not out as yet but in the NV world you never know :huh::)

Spoke to Carl at NV uk today there maybe a 10x dedicated version in the future but if it happens it will be at least 6 months away.

Spoke to Carl at NV uk today there maybe a 10x dedicated version in the future but if it happens it will be at least 6 months away.

Yes mine is the 10x model.

There will be an external battery pack available soon apparently.

I use a Ti spotter until I actually take the shot and hence the run time on the scope is quite good as it is not on for long

What thermal have you got? I have just bought a HD38s to say it is good is a massive understatement. Can't believe what you can pick up that you normally would never see.

What thermal have you got? I have just bought a HD38s to say it is good is a massive understatement. Can't believe what you can pick up that you normally would never see.

Yep agree

How you getting on with the 760? if your bored of it i'll take it of your hands.

I have a Guide 518EC, I really rate it and I hardly ever use my PVS-14 now.

The main problem with Ti for me is hares, up to about 250ish yards its quite easy to tell the difference between them and a fox, further away and it starts to get more difficult, movement is the easiest way. I have seen foxes at 400 and known instantly what it is but then convinced myself that a hare at 275 was a fox. This is when I miss the easy ID of a bright eye flash.

The next generation of Ti should be really special when it becomes affordable

• 3 weeks later...

Yes

Have a look at the pyser sgi kit - uk made and available to purchase in uk. I have one of there PNP MUNS 90 nv and MUNSTI thermal units - both top quality clip on units. The thermal can also be used as hand held spotter. Both compare very favourably to the US units I've managed to use

Regards

Yes

Have a look at the pyser sgi kit - uk made and available to purchase in uk. I have one of there PNP MUNS 90 nv and MUNSTI thermal units - both top quality clip on units. The thermal can also be used as hand held spotter. Both compare very favourably to the US units I've managed to use

Regards

Any photos of the unit on your rifle B) and a small but in depth review on it.

33D097D7-E501-41D0-A40C-5E38C305D66A.jpg

I'm happy with this to be honest. Well, actually, it'll do, thermal would be nice, but as this has cleared the farm of foxes, I don't need any extra. The wood in this pic is 1km away, 2316hrs last night. Not bad for something that owes me less than a grand :)

• 3 weeks later...

Regarding the N750 with doubler, the included Dr Bob's mount is a pile of crap, whatever Scott Country tell you. I bought a proper threaded adaptor that picks up on the original lens retaining collar and extends out the fromt of the housing and that cured the problems with loss of zero completely. They are made by a chap in Portugal called Daniel Pinto. He doesn't seem to be listing any at the moment but if anybody's interested it may be worth pinging him an email to see if he's planning on another production run. He can be contacted on daniel@pintos.pt (the address is in the public domain, I got it via his Youtube channel)

• 1 month later...

33D097D7-E501-41D0-A40C-5E38C305D66A.jpg

I'm happy with this to be honest. Well, actually, it'll do, thermal would be nice, but as this has cleared the farm of foxes, I don't need any extra. The wood in this pic is 1km away, 2316hrs last night. Not bad for something that owes me less than a grand :)

did the free spot come with it ? only kidding mate nice image

• 1 month later...
Guest Stacka

https://www.armasight.com/night-vision/night-vision-weapon-sights/armasight-drone-pro-5x-10x/files/catalogue/night-vision/332/0/Drone-PRO-manual-v1c.pdf

Scroll down the above PDF until you get to table 2.2 which has all the info you are after.

The 10x Drone is basically the same scope as the 5x but with a doubler fitted.

I know from my own experience that the N750 has very limited adjustment as I have to pack the front of mine to get it to work with a 20MOA rail. The Drone works fine.

Pic of it fitted to my rifle:

IMG_1814.JPG

How do you find the 10x flavour?

Does the imagine pixalate?

The Drone is without doubt the best NV scope I have used, the image through the scope when you are using a good illuminator is excellent.

For a Mk2 Drone I would add:

User configurable reticles, like the N550 originally had. The current reticle selection is that which promotes growth and vigour and I would really like to make my own.

On board SD card recording which senses recoil and records before and after the shot automatically.

A laser rangefinder, like the the new Pulsar N870

Guest Stacka

I like the "Oi" to stop the fox.

A close , of mine makes a dog noise, its the most bizzare thing iv ever heard but it stops them dead, most totally mess with their mind

any way does it have a illuminated reticle?

I like the "Oi" to stop the fox.

A close , of mine makes a dog noise, its the most bizzare thing iv ever heard but it stops them dead, most totally mess with their mind

any way does it have a illuminated reticle?

Yep.. as standard black or white, the controls are pretty much straightforward:

Use the Left button to choose between 6 reticles (or a blank screen), right button to choose black or white. Press the R/L buttons simultaneously to save the setting.

To adjust the zero... hold down the centre button and adjust the reticle using the left/right, up/down to move the reticle to the point of impact (as opposed to a normal scope where you move the POI - makes my brain hurt sometimes :blink: and I expect I'll make the same mistake several times in the future. ) Press the R/L buttons simultaneously to save the setting.

In use the left and right buttons change the reticle/black or white respectively and the up/down buttons adjust the brightness although I've never fiddled with that in practice - other things occupying my mind at that point. Turning the unit off reverts to the saved settings.

I like my DP 10x... it just handles whatever light is thrown at it, even when a lamp is being used at the same time (standard Lightforce or the HID version). I use a SunnRanger on mine (Standard 3 mode IR T20 with a Yukon Ranger lens on the front to really give a tighter focus than a NM800 and therefore more illumination on a single battery). It's not particularly focus fussy either.. set at around 100m that gives me a clear enough picture down to bloody close or out to 180 odd. I had a photon prior to the DP and that would go out of focus just moving my head position. :huh:

Quality batteries are a must unless you invest in one of the add-on battery packs. I bought a pack of the cheap 7dayshop own brand and all I seemed to be doing was watching the battery life marker flash on empty....usually just when I didn't need it to.... you can get quite adept at changing batteries quickly and quietly. :lol:

As AnthonyR says I'd also like to see a bigger range of reticles... along the lines of a mildot or the Dutch(?) T shape used in Kites (Vertical dots with 2 horizontal bars either side of the top dot) - the ability to space the dots according to your ammo's ballistics would be good.

The ability to record would be good and the only other thing I'd do would be a minor re-design the base to lower the 'scope height and improve the head position....shame the manufacturers of any NV 'scopes think that all NV is used on full length picatinny rails. (But then Carl knows my feelings on this already ;) )

Cheers

Fizz

:ph34r:

Archived