10/22 custom build -- recommendations?

packrat

Wouldn't have thought you will wait long ? Roger has all the bits in stock. I painted some recievers only the other week.

Thanks Baldie. I think you're right. Sheila suggested it wouldn't be long. But you know, us customers, we are an impatient bunch and I'm not sure when I'll be able to get up your way. Annoyingly, I have Wednesdays off, but, as you know, SYSS closed Wednesdays. Ah well, things will work out soon enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Picked my 'Stubby' Rimfire Magic rifle up on Saturday. Really really pleased with it.

RM receiver with a Volquartsen 12.5' barrel sat in. Volquartsen stock

The photos just don't do it justice. It is a joy to handle. It's so light I could probably use it one handed. Very pointable. post-11310-0-14696700-1387137979_thumb.jpgpost-11310-0-60677700-1387137992_thumb.jpgpost-11310-0-65446600-1387138004_thumb.jpg

Picked my 'Stubby' Rimfire Magic rifle up on Saturday. Really really pleased with it.

RM receiver with a Volquartsen 12.5' barrel sat in. Volquartsen stock

The photos just don't do it justice. It is a joy to handle. It's so light I could probably use it one handed. Very pointable. attachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpgattachicon.gifimage.jpg

That's a beauty!

• 3 weeks later...

Got myself one of the new Kidd 16" ultra light barrels and must say it made my 10/22 a lot lighter and still shooing sub 1/2" @50m. I think it shaved nearly 2lb off the total weight.
Rifle is all Kidd bar the Ruger action with Boyd Evo stock.

Got myself one of the new Kidd 16" ultra light barrels and must say it made my 10/22 a lot lighter and still shooing sub 1/2" @50m. I think it shaved nearly 2lb off the total weight.

Rifle is all Kidd bar the Ruger action with Boyd Evo stock.

Are you shooting this years Phoenix? I have an all Kidd supergrade.superb but a bit too heavy.

All the best Phil

Are you shooting this years Phoenix? I have an all Kidd supergrade.superb but a bit too heavy.

All the best Phil

Yes just booking the ferry this week. It will be my third visit to Bisley and the Phoenix comp.

2012 last (by a long way) 1500 D class GRCF. Personal Worst

2013 first 1500 D class GRCF Personal Best, second 1500 C class GRSB PB, second 100, 200, 300y Sporting Rifle, PB and first time to shoot with only 2 points off the record.

Don't know if I can do as well this year.

• 2 months later...

All the best Phil

I told you that Phil when you ordered it :-) Haha now just get out and shoot it! Budleigh Steel match maybe? Cheers Gwyn

Hoping to get a Dlask action to replace my Ruger action. That will then be the last Ruger part on my 10/22 that needs to go. I won't have it until May sometime as it has to be imported from Canada by my RFD

DAR-22_Side_ejection_ee50dfb7-d0be-4204-

http://dlaskarms.com/collections/dar-22/products/dar-22-30-moa-picatiny-receiver

Archived