Sightron scopes

204 RUGER

Thinking about getting a Sightron scope to put on the top of my next rifle. I'm thinking about the

SIIISS 6-24X50 LRMD/CM or SIIISS 6-24X50 LRMOA. Anyone using these? How do they compare to the Zeiss conquest? Hoping to see some at the show on 10th and bet a better idea but good to hear your thoughts cheers.

I have the S3 LRMOA dot ret on mine. You can head shoot rabbit with that ret no problem at all placing the dot on a rabbits head at 500+ yards. The repeatability on the dialling is great, glass is very good..

My mate had a Zeiss and sold it to but two Sightrons. Not really that much diffrence In Glass quality, the Zeiss glass is bailey any better no we're near twice as good as the price is twice as much.

I bought one on the strength of Si snipes recommendation, never looked back.

Get one bought fella, you won't be disappointed.

Steve.

I have the S3 LRMOA dot ret on mine. You can head shoot rabbit with that ret no problem at all placing the dot on a rabbits head at 500+ yards. The repeatability on the dialling is great, glass is very good..

My mate had a Zeiss and sold it to but two Sightrons. Not really that much diffrence In Glass quality, the Zeiss glass is bailey any better no we're near twice as good as the price is twice as much.

I bought one on the strength of Si snipes recommendation, never looked back.

Get one bought fella, you won't be disappointed.

Steve.

Thanks for the info.

Thanks Paddy that's very kind of you. Once I get the rifle sorted I be in touch. By the way, are you attending the show on 10th?

Yes I'll be there, there's no pressure on the scope. I just find the best way for people to find out about the Sightron products is to fit one to the rifle and actually use it.

Yes I am a Sightron and AIM dealer, I'm more than happy to talk to you about any of their stuff, but you might find there is a dealer closer to you.

I am in the market for a new scope, and the Sightron scopes look/sound pretty good. I really need to have a look through some I think. I've just had a look on the Sightron website but couldn't see which models were 1st focal plane and which were 2nd focal plane?! Does anyone know if there'll be some Sightron stuff at the show? Thanks.

I am in the market for a new scope, and the Sightron scopes look/sound pretty good. I really need to have a look through some I think. I've just had a look on the Sightron website but couldn't see which models were 1st focal plane and which were 2nd focal plane?! Does anyone know if there'll be some Sightron stuff at the show? Thanks.

John Dean is the the importer through his company AIM Sports so I would expect him at the show, he was there last year. Why don't you check the exhibitors list or e-mail him?

That's a great pic from a phone. What is it like to use on 32 mag? Fov , clarity etc.

This is my scope. I've looked through sharper, clearer scopes but they have been twice the price of the Sightron. I bought my scope direct from

http://info.sightron.com/Riflescopes/SIII-Series/SIIISS832X56LRTD-TDT/

I bought my scope direct from these guys. Easy to deal with, tracked all the way and with VAT and duty came out at about £700

http://www.theriflescopestore.com/sisesc.html

Morning,

I also use an 8-32 sightron and on a good clear day, I can see 7mm holes at 500yds , to me its the optical equal of my nightforce br though probably not as well built , but certainly good enough for me. I've not used any of the top end glass so can't comment.

Cheers phil

• 1 month later...
Yes I am a Sightron and AIM dealer, I'm more than happy to talk to you about any of their stuff, but you might find there is a dealer closer to you.

i am looking for a sightron scope 8-32x56 do you get any used ones to sell on ?? if not could you pm me some details.

Regards

pc1

Ive used a couple of rifle which were fitted with sightrons and to be honest I haven't liked them at all...

maybe its because I use Zeiss and Leup Mk4's.

If I think back to my Leup VX3 and conquest I still prefer these to the sightrons.

I have found it hard to get a decent sight picture (they seem extremely eye relief critical, way more than the Leups and I would go as far to say the MTC are better and I really hate those)

Maybe I have just used rifle that really arnt setup for me and if I fitted them to my rifles I may get on with them, but like I say the couple I have used I really didn't get on with.

Some people seem to like them, so I would definitely say try before you buy.

Ive used a couple of rifle which were fitted with sightrons and to be honest I haven't liked them at all...

maybe its because I use Zeiss and Leup Mk4's.

If I think back to my Leup VX3 and conquest I still prefer these to the sightrons.

I have found it hard to get a decent sight picture (they seem extremely eye relief critical, way more than the Leups and I would go as far to say the MTC are better and I really hate those)

Maybe I have just used rifle that really arnt setup for me and if I fitted them to my rifles I may get on with them, but like I say the couple I have used I really didn't get on with.

Some people seem to like them, so I would definitely say try before you buy.

I currently have an 8-32 Sightron, 8.5-25 Mk4 Leupold, Nightforce NXS 8-32, Nightforce BR 8-32, March 40X, Weaver 36X, Leupold 40X.

If you asked me which had the best glass - I honestly couldn't tell you - they are all excellent - to me. All of 'em (except the 8.5-25 Leup) will resolve bullet holes at 600 yards - that's good enough for me - but, I don't shoot in low light conditions.

Yes, eye-relief is more critical on some scopes. Usually greater the magnification - more critical the eye relief but, then again, the 8.5-25 Leup. is quite critical and the fixed power March, Weaver and Leupold aren't.

Archived