Tikka T3 Sporter

David Hancock

An update on the Groda Stocks (GRS)

I was at the Schultz & Larsen factory today and got a quick tour including sight of some new rifles stocked up with a new model GRS laminate stock, first impression handling the rifle was just how incredibly light it was, the one I had my hands on was missing the bolt and was un-scoped but despite this it still felt to be no more than 2.2 kgs in weight. Incredible to handle at that weight. The one I had was a five shot and the magazine tends to get in the way slightly as the stock is very flat on the underside, a three round mag would have made life easier for me.

One downside is the stock came inletted for the action and they did say it needed some additional work to fit it which was not what they had expected.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi All,

These are now available in the US for $1695, choice of 24" plain barrels and 20" threaded 18x1mm. Calibres .223, 6.5x55, .260 Rem, .308. They are also available in Europe in .222. Anyone care to hazard a guess as to when they will arrive in the UK and at what price? Perhaps we should run a sweepstake,

Alan

Grodas just got back to me. Jackson rifles are their uk distributor..

However, i contacted Jacksons and they say a deal has yet to be formalised. Guess we'll have to wait a tad longer..

Trouble is, jacksons will add their bit and as they only deal to the trade, the trader will add his bit too. These babies may well be pricey, as is everything gun related in the UK.. SSDD..

Jacksons publish a reccommended retail price on their website, under current stock inventory.

Thats the price you should expect to pay from your dealer. If you are being charged anymore, then you are being ripped off.

Jacksons allow a reasonable mark up for the participating dealer, so there is no need for anyone to pay more than rrp.

It also means that there is always good stock levels available.

Jacksons are a superb company. I deal with them virtually every week, and very rarely is anything out of stock. They always do next day delivery, and this means that smiths etc dont have to keep a huge inventory of stock.

I really do hope that they get the dealership.

Archived