Annealing for Charity

John MH

I am prepared to stainless steel media tumble clean and anneal some of your brass cases for a donation to the Royal British Legion.

The deal is you pay postage and packing both ways, you send no more than 200 decapped cases, I will not anneal .223 or 7.62 unless they are premium match quality cases as they are cheap enough for you to replace. You then also make an online donation to the RBL of a minimum of £0.10 per case, you don't get your cases back until proof of your donation is provided.

What do you think?

I am prepared to stainless steel media tumble clean and anneal some of your brass cases for a donation to the Royal British Legion.

The deal is you pay postage and packing both ways, you send no more than 200 decapped cases, I will not anneal .223 or 7.62 unless they are premium match quality cases as they are cheap enough for you to replace. You then also make an online donation to the RBL of a minimum of £0.10 per case, you don't get your cases back until proof of your donation is provided.

What do you think?

seems a good idea to raise a little cash,what annealing machine are you using ?? also where did you get the stainless media from as iam thinking if changing to that,is it any good ??

A very good offer indeed. But as do all my own annealing I will have to pass on this opportunity.

I would be very interested ( new thread )in the process of the stainless steel media, including were to purchase and what is needed, along with a how to do it if you feel inclined? photographs would be nice as well.

The cleaning system I use is the one reviewed on 6mmBR.com. I can honestly say it's gives the best results of any system I have tried in over 30 years of reloading, it does require the cases to be dried after tumbling but is far more effective than ultrasonic cleaning if you want both clean and shiney brass. The odd stainless pin may get lodged in the odd case mouth but is easily removed and if the cases are well "shaken" in a separator then this rarely happens, 220-240v units are available from the US. Three of my shooting colleagues have just bought the system after seeing the results I got on surplus military 5.56 cases that were being prepared for triming and reforming into .300 Whisper cases. Using stainless steel pins is not a new idea and has been used in the past but Trevor at STM has puts a package together that works, you may be able to source all you need from within the UK.

STM

Results look impressive but i am maybe a bit fearful of the effect of the hard stainless pins on soft brass. I tumble mine as part of every reload.

A

Experience suggest that they do not "Work Harden" the brass and they do not remove any noticeable case material, if they did you would notice it in the residue drained off after cleaning. There will always be sceptics though.

Archived