new mod required

Carl

The T4 on my 17rem is on its last legs and needs replacing.

Not generally being a fan of mods this is the only rifle I own that has one fitted and it can as complete package at the time of purchase. I'm a bit the dark as to the best one to replace it with.

Those that have similar calibres, what would be your choice?

I'm looking for something thats small and compact and lightweight and is of the reflex over barrel design type and strip able.

what about this http://www.thirdeyetactical.com/thirdeye_website_007.htm

if i had a 17 rem i would have the front mounted ase cqb mod. the new version on it is only 90 mm in length. and i bet it would work superb on that 17 rem. but it cant be stripped. not that it would bother me

Its only the T8 and T4 that have a habit of falling to bits, the CQB's are rated to over 10000 rounds before you need to bin them, you shouldnt get any rust in them either. As has been said the new cqb would be ideal it only adds 9cm to your rifle. The CQB's are amongst the best if not the best mods, for there size the noise reduction is superb. They are also a hell of lot better made then the T8 or T4's ever were and are. However if you want an over the barrel mod that is stripable, with good noise reduction and longevity speak to Craig at Third Eye Tactical his mods are excellent. His MOD's are as good as the CQB's. Really nice guy and he may even be able to make you a calibre specific mod which will reduce the noise level even more. The workmanship and manufacturing tolerances in his mods are excellent. I got a chance to try them at Minsterly a couple of months ago and they were impressive. I believe there a couple of hundred quid and based on your original specifications The Third eye tactical mod would be almost exactly what you are looking for.

cqb without doubt and get an allowance from Jackson,s at the same time.Have done this a few times over the last couple of years.The CQB is built like a brick S### House a cracking mod and you do not need to strip them just run an oil wetted brush through now and again if you really want to look after it.

Thanks for the suggestion.

The 3.5 additional inches to the barrel length would be a pain imo. Plus its non strip able so back to the T4/T8 rusting problem

these are stripable as i have one, but never needed to strip it to clean it yet, i havd a T4 and T4AR wouldn't have one again after a THIRD EYE MOD

Just about to get a spartan for my 44 magnum it should be interesting to see how it goes. Carl Craig is a really nice guy to deal with and a keen shooter himself, the testing his mods have gone through is pretty ruthless. The gas cutting of the 300 RUM he has is nastyand a good test of a mod. If you didnt want that one the only other I could recommend is the CQB, as was said earlier superb mod ,I have one on my 7mm rem mag and I am very happy with it.

Archived