Bad Turns Good

foxshot

Went over the border last night onto some of the ground we have there full of optimism after the last foray in that area,arived on the first farm at about eleven thirty,after about 45 mins of searching and calling result was nothing,went onto the next farm again no result spoted two but one wasnt a safe shot and the other was away at the sight of the lamp,we then decided to go to an area where it is walking only as we hadnt been for a while by now it was almost one in the morning without a shot fired,again started to call and almost right away a fox showed on the railway line heading for us got on a bail and waited for it to come into the field and stop ,end of the blank one nice dog fox down,after about half an hour of wandering we spoted another in the distance ,when we got to the field it was in it was quite long grass so had to get up high on a bank to get a shot,the fox had its head buried in the grass after mice or something down went No 2 then almost right away another in the same field got down again but the grass prevented me from geting a clear shot this time, it eventualy headed into the wood where i had a clear shot No 3 in the bag by now the lamp was starting to fade a little so we made or way back to the vehicle ,fox No 4 spoted in the stubble field where we got the first one again got down cross hairs held a touch high as it looked a fair way off and a solid hit was heard and down it went then the bloody thing got up and ran for a while and droped ,it took about 20 mins to find as it blended in well with the stubble ,bullet hit it in shoulder and exited out of its back leg,so didnt turn out bad afterall ,quite pleased with the performance of the ackley now i have started to get used to itdscf0052editedrp1.jpg

nice going, wish I could get out , no .204 at the moment ;) , foxing with anything else just isnt fun, that rifle is very sexy.

Hi buddy , good to see that 223 ackley is doing the business for you!! :):D

All the best................

RAY................................. :D;)

Archived