tikka m55

having a root thru the local gun shop today and found a tikka m55 on the shelf.

its a .243 with a heavy barrel and an adjustable target style stock with accesory rails on the bottom and one side of the fore stock.

it has an oversized bolt knob and 5 and 10 shot mags with it also a set of mounts.

the man selling the gun says the bore is in very good condition and externaly its very clean

they are asking £450 for it and it handles surpisingly well for a big lump of a rifle.

SO... what can you guys tell me about it?

ATB matt :ph34r:

Iv got one of these in 308! stonkin good rifle, it was my first propper long range rifle. As you say they do handle very well and if mine is anything to go by superbly accturate!

Surprised its got 2 mags with it! they're like hens teeth to get hold off!

A mate of mine has one in 308 and he is selling it in a little while, I have shot it many times and cant wait to get my grubby paws on it,

I love the Tikka action, smooth as silk and the stock is comfortable.

dont leave it there too long or it will be gone

The 10 round mags are exceedingly rare. Before you buy it, check the mags are a tight fit in the rifle, and cant be pulled out without operating the mag release. The 10 round mags are prone to wear on the slot on the rear, that the mag catch locates into.

Excellent rifle.

hmmm, I wasn`t really in the market for a 243 having just put a new stock on the 22-250 but listening to this I may just have to get a variation sorted, having just checked on the web site they have the rifle, 5 shot and 10 shot mags for £390 <_< barganing chip moment comming on me thinks

I have a M55 in .243 which I picked up from an old aquaintance who was giving up stalking. It rapidly became my favourite rifle, to the extent that I barely use the other rifles I own. It's since been treated to a McMillan stock, pillar and synthetic bedded by Dasherman. Looks a million dollars and shoots like a dream.

having a root thru the local gun shop today and found a tikka m55 on the shelf.

its a .243 with a heavy barrel and an adjustable target style stock with accesory rails on the bottom and one side of the fore stock.

it has an oversized bolt knob and 5 and 10 shot mags with it also a set of mounts.

the man selling the gun says the bore is in very good condition and externaly its very clean

they are asking £450 for it and it handles surpisingly well for a big lump of a rifle.

SO... what can you guys tell me about it?

ATB matt :)

I saw that rifle a few months ago in the shop, there is/was a tidier .308 for sale in another Scottish gun shop.

If Fife firearms licencing will let you have a .308, give me a PM, and I'll tell you where I saw it. Danny

Archived