.223 one in twelve twist

Having sold my t3 lite with a 1 in 8 twist and replacing it with a t3 varmint with a 1 in 12 twist I now find myself on the factory ammo carousel.

The 1 in 8 was very happy with 60g Corbon rounds however I dont suppose the new rifle will be as well.

Would anyone here have a suggestion as to what it will like before I shoot in the barrel.

Many thanks

Colin

Thanks for the information guys.

I took the rifle out earlier and put five single shots through it cleaning between each, after these five I put a group of 4 shots in an 18mm group at 150 yards.

This was using 55g winchester ballitic silver tips.

Needless to say im delighted and cant wait to see what this rifle will really do, the rifle is for foxing at up to 250 yards through the winter so a 50 or 55g round will suit me fine in the windy welsh hills.

Colin

Thanks for the information guys.

I took the rifle out earlier and put five single shots through it cleaning between each, after these five I put a group of 4 shots in an 18mm group at 150 yards.

This was using 55g winchester ballitic silver tips.

Needless to say im delighted and cant wait to see what this rifle will really do, the rifle is for foxing at up to 250 yards through the winter so a 50 or 55g round will suit me fine in the windy welsh hills.

Colin

those factory winchester silvertips shot well in my 22/250 and where my factory ammo choice. before i reloaded. there very fast also.

we chrono them at a mates and i was using 50 grain winnys in a 26 inch barrel winny 22/250 they where pushing 3800+

but more important good accuracy.

just make sure before you change to a different brand to really give the barrel a good scrub out as the stuff on the silvertips are very messy

Archived