22-250 AI

madmanx

I have a Cooper 22-250AI which i have loaded up with 52 grain A max using 43 grains of H380 which on the Chrono is giving me 3850 fps.How many times would you expect to reuse the cases before throwing them as i have started to get problems with extracting the cases and can see quite heavy marks on the Body of the case and i am assuming that the brass may be getting weak causing case to swell on the body.Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.The cases are Norma and i am on the 4th reload with them

Hodgdon's lists the max load for a standard 22-250 as 41 grains of H380 but that it no assurance that your Improved load doesn't exceed maximum pressure. My 22-250 AI never did get any real additional speed without wrecking brass. JMHO but your loads are too hot. Back them off.~Andrew

My foxing rifle is a .22-250 AI.

I use Winchester brass and have loaded them 4 times with no issues or loosing any cases.

I use N550 43gns gives me 4075fps with a 52gn Berger BTHPM out of a 26" 12 twist barrel.

I get no pressure signs with this load and it seems to be kind on brass as I said.

Usual things apply that this load is safe in my rifle but may not be in yours.

Cheers

Dave

Archived