Forster bullet puller

kernel gadaffi

Just wondering if anyone used the above and where they can be obtained from, I've just used my Smartreloader kinetic hammer for the second time and almost rendered myself unconcious, the head snapped off, bounced off the wall and hit me in the right eye, I've now got a watery eye and a headache, so that's the finish, I'm going down the safety route from now on. :blush::wacko::D

Just wondering if anyone used the above and where they can be obtained from, I've just used my Smartreloader kinetic hammer for the second time and almost rendered myself unconcious, the head snapped off, bounced off the wall and hit me in the right eye, I've now got a watery eye and a headache, so that's the finish, I'm going down the safety route from now on. :blush::wacko::D

Got mine from Tim Hannam about a year ago, works well.

I use the Hornady collet puller die. It works well, and have worked my up to quite a collection of collets. Now, I just have a 1/2" thick, 4" x 8" oak board with 3/8" dowels pinned into the board to keep all the collets organized. Pulled bullets have been shot with minimal (read: negligible) effects from being pulled. It's been quite handy when having to pull quite a few bullets.

The kinetic pullers work well, but you need a hard surface (concrete) to smack against, and you have to ensure you do not let the hammer rebound for it to work effectively. Swing it like a dead blow hammer. You don't have to hit it hard, it's more important not to let it bounce/rebound.

On smaller calibers though, a kinetic bullet puller can be a problem (I don't recommend it for .17's or .20's).

JMTCW...

Archived