New barrel req'd

Yes, the people who make Bartliens were originally with Krieger.

I used to be a bit of a barrel snob and went with what the yanks were raving about, that currently is the three B's, Bartlien, Brux and Broughton.

I needed a quick replacement barrel for my 7WSM and went for a Pac Nor, not because of who they were but because that's all I could get at the time. This Pac Nor barrel leaves the original Bartlien in the starting blocks, as two people on here will testify. I wouldn't hesitate to get another one.

really,there was that much difference,I struggle a little with my 7mm due to the barrel size 3 shots and its toast,next time around iam going thicker and fluted

Well I suppose I should be fair, the Bartlien was a Heavy Varmint profile and 28 inches long and the Pac Nor is a parallel profile and 32 inches long. What I do know is I'm shooting much better with the Pac Nor than I was with the Bartlien.

Shame as I have two Bartlien 7mm barrels sitting in UK customs now.

I,ll take one of the 7mm,s off you Ian, if its something like i require, drop me the details.

Some great post here, and it just goes to show that ALL barrel makers produce, good, bad, and indifferent barrels doesn't it ?

I,ll take one of the 7mm,s off you Ian, if its something like i require, drop me the details.

Some great post here, and it just goes to show that ALL barrel makers produce, good, bad, and indifferent barrels doesn't it ?

I agree Ive enjoyed reading the comment,just need to be shown how to hit a fly at 500 yards :(

Gents

I got a 30 cal Lilja Sendero profile on the same order as Ian (vermincinerator) got his .22 Lilja Sendero. Mine went into a 30-06 AI and shoots genuine sub half inch. Ian`s went into his 22-250 and ( i am sure he wont mind me saying) has been a little dissappointing. Two barrels, same manufacturer and two different outcomes.

I also have a Krieger in 6.5x284. Very accurate, would have another tommorrow. It was though a complete bitch to break in. Fouled heavily toward the muzzle. Stuck with it all day doing the shoot one and clean and it finally came on song. Cleans very easily now.

Just got a 25-06 with a Walther Bench programme barrel (not cheap). Any form of accuracy is being elusive to say the least. Hope Baldie is not correct about Walther :(

Nick.

Are you coming Pete ? if so, give me a bell in the shop tomorrow.

Basically all you need is your gun, a bipod, or front rest and some ammo. Sighters are marked, then you shoot 3 , five shot groups, all the time, aiming for the fly ,if you hit it, you win a highly prized fly patch. The three groups are measured and scored, and your overall score for the 15 shots on the actual target is scored too. This gives an overall score.

My best effort was an outright win, the year before last, and three hits on the fly too.

Never hit it last year.

Its great fun, you really should come.

Are you coming Pete ? if so, give me a bell in the shop tomorrow.

Basically all you need is your gun, a bipod, or front rest and some ammo. Sighters are marked, then you shoot 3 , five shot groups, all the time, aiming for the fly ,if you hit it, you win a highly prized fly patch. The three groups are measured and scored, and your overall score for the 15 shots on the actual target is scored too. This gives an overall score.

My best effort was an outright win, the year before last, and three hits on the fly too.

Never hit it last year.

Its great fun, you really should come.

i will call you tommorrow,I have a new batch of precission ballistic bullets i need to chrono first,hopefully over the weekend,can you take 2 rifles

I dont think you would be allowed to shoot twice Pete, as there just isn't time, and i would guess you would have to use the same gun for all three groups.

Archived