case annealing

dwight

Hi

Its time for me to step up to the next level in loading and I have on order a K&m neck turner and expandrion to turn my necks and a hornady concintricity tool to help eliminate bullet run out....

Now my question is will annealing my brass(norma 300 win mag) help keep a consistant neck tension?

And is there a product on the market that can do this annealing with precision...I dont mind spending a few pound as long as I get good results..

Many thanks

Dwight

Hi

Its time for me to step up to the next level in loading and I have on order a K&m neck turner and expandrion to turn my necks and a hornady concintricity tool to help eliminate bullet run out....

Now my question is will annealing my brass(norma 300 win mag) help keep a consistent neck tension?

And is there a product on the market that can do this annealing with precision...I don't mind spending a few pound as long as I get good results..

Many thanks

Dwight

The answer is yes and yes.

It will help consistent neck tension.

The easiest way of doing it is with a cordless screw driver, the K&M shell holder (convenient for you) a bottle of propane gas and a bottle of Tempilaq heat indicating liquid, 475 and 700F.

The are a few US based companies that make automated machines but most will not export outside of the US, and they will be expensive by time you have received it.

http://www.annealingmachines.com/home

The answer is yes and yes.

It will help consistent neck tension.

The easiest way of doing it is with a cordless screw driver, the K&M shell holder (convenient for you) a bottle of propane gas and a bottle of Tempilaq heat indicating liquid, 475 and 700F.

The are a few US based companies that make automated machines but most will not export outside of the US, and they will be expensive by time you have received it.

http://www.annealingmachines.com/home

Thanks for that Elwood.....

Why the two differant heat indicators. Im familiar with the way they work but dont understand why the two are needed...

Regards

Dwight

Thanks for that Elwood.....

Why the two differant heat indicators. Im familiar with the way they work but dont understand why the two are needed...

Regards

Dwight

I'll be interested to hear more about this too. In the meantime, having bought the K&M neck turning tool last year I'm delighted with it, beautiful piece of kit. Their primer-pocket tools are the best as well, lovely bits of machining.

TonyH

I'll be interested to hear more about this too. In the meantime, having bought the K&M neck turning tool last year I'm delighted with it, beautiful piece of kit. Their primer-pocket tools are the best as well, lovely bits of machining.

TonyH

Aye,ya cant beat a good piece of engineering...

Archived