22 hornet and 50 grn bullets

steven67

after a long think ,i just bought a cz in 22 hornet ,i have 22lr,243 and 6.5x55 so i wanted a cf in between the 22lr and 243 for about 200yrd shooting fox and rabbit i am picking the gun up as soon as my cert comes back,i was thinking can i reload 50 grn hornady spsx or hornady 45 sp bullets out of a 1 in 16 twist in the cz or would i have to go lighter , any help welcome thanks steve.

You lose so much steam using the 50 grainers that I think stability might be a problem. I would go 40-45 grain bullets designed for the Hornet. For a "heavy" bullet I shoot a 46 grain Winchester bullet over Lil Gun or H-110 with pretty respectable accuracy: sub MOA for all the loads tested. A good bullet for 200 yard shooting would be the 35 grain V-Max @ 3000 fps or (my high B.C. cheapo favorite) the Midway "Dog Town" 34 grain HP at the same speed or a little faster. That would settle a 200 yard fox.~Andrew

You lose so much steam using the 50 grainers that I think stability might be a problem. I would go 40-45 grain bullets designed for the Hornet. For a "heavy" bullet I shoot a 46 grain Winchester bullet over Lil Gun or H-110 with pretty respectable accuracy: sub MOA for all the loads tested. A good bullet for 200 yard shooting would be the 35 grain V-Max @ 3000 fps or (my high B.C. cheapo favorite) the Midway "Dog Town" 34 grain HP at the same speed or a little faster. That would settle a 200 yard fox.~Andrew

thanks andrew ,i will not wast my money on the 50grns i will stick with 45 and downwards then , atb steve .

Archived