K&M priming tool

1967spud

ive just bought one off these with the dial gauge on it, i have followed the instructions but i am finding it a little confusing. does anybody have any exsperience with this please thanks

Darrel, how far up should the primer seater be when the handle is closed as you can adjust the sheel holder in height, i can work out the zero point but i can only get it with the handle fully closed so when i need to go 2 thou over its already bootomed out

if you know what i mean

its a big confuusing to me , where the shell holder should be in relation to the primer serter

thanks mark

Trying to think of an easy way to tell you without actually being there to show you?????

Firstly once all of your cases have had a k&m primer pocket uniform tool in them so as to make all the pockets the same seating depth,,,

This is done so as to get uniformed fireing pin strike and there fore constant ignistion from case to case,,,,

So all you need to do is set the shell holder so as the ram will go up and seat the primer,, you will feel the primer seat itself,, the gage is there so as you impart the same preasure with each stroke

On my press when seating a primer i only use my thum on the leaver and this way i can feel the primer seat???

Hope this is a bit clearer for you,,

Darrel :lol:

thanks darrel, i'll try it tonite and ill get backto you if need be

thanks by the way for the reply

think im sorted now darrel

i'll try ang get a film clip off me to you to see if i'm doiing it right

Archived