Sightron Scope

gazzar15

I have been looking into buying a new big mag scope and I am going to pick up a Sightron 10-50 scope next month when I am over the pond. I didn't know it has a 60 mm objective lens and was wondering what mounts I will need ?? Ultra high or just High?? It will probably be going onto my HS precision 300 wsm.

Gary

Hi gazzer,

i have a SIII 8-32x56 on my Borden .257 AI, because the front and rear reciever bridge are both round i am using Leupold dual dovetail mounts with matching leupold ultra high rings.

The objective bell is nearly touching the barrel, there is not enough clearence to mount a butler creek flip up cover and in order to allow the factory supplied scope cover to fit i had to cut a slot in the bottom of the front portion.

IMO using standard rings and bases you will not be able to fit the slightly larger objective bell scope, i would be looking at a tall piccatinney rail and rings to match.

Ian.

Hi gazzer,

i have a SIII 8-32x56 on my Borden .257 AI, because the front and rear reciever bridge are both round i am using Leupold dual dovetail mounts with matching leupold ultra high rings.

The objective bell is nearly touching the barrel, there is not enough clearence to mount a butler creek flip up cover and in order to allow the factory supplied scope cover to fit i had to cut a slot in the bottom of the front portion.

IMO using standard rings and bases you will not be able to fit the slightly larger objective bell scope, i would be looking at a tall piccatinney rail and rings to match.

Ian.

Thanks for the info Ian

Archived