Hornet bore guide

I have a cz 527 .22 hornet. I want a bore guide for it. The bolt diameter is .590" the "universal" bore guides are for bolt diameter of .695" to .700". What do you other hornet owners use?????

Same here, I don't bother with them! They seem to be some new fangled idea that you "have to have or you'll ruin your rifle". Well with a brass cored brush and a little caution you'll be fine! As long as you don't scrub at it like a mad thing I really can't see you damaging the barrel with a brush made of a softer material? In fact, no matter how hard you hit it how would brass damage steel?

I'm always really careful at both ends of the barrel and I don't use a guide with any of my rifles!

Have a chat with Norman Clarke, I was their earleir today and he has a fair selection of bore guides. I would recommend you use one, you dont want the rod creating a burr in the bore lead in, that wont do your bullets or their accuracy any good.

A

Have a chat with Norman Clarke, I was their earleir today and he has a fair selection of bore guides. I would recommend you use one, you dont want the rod creating a burr in the bore lead in, that wont do your bullets or their accuracy any good.

A

A danger only if you get the local black smith to supply you with wrought iron cleaning rods.... :) ~Andrew

Archived