Girlie .243.......!!!!!

Hi guys.

went out shooting with my mate, and a few of his mates who i didn't know, for a little shooting comp.

in the line up where 6.5x55se's and a trg22, a few 22-250's , .270 and me....lol they took the piss outta the .243 as a little bit of a wind up.... but it didn't bother me....

i shot 4 v-bulls which were 1 1/2" and one a little out.... the piss taking soon stopped with only the trg22 shooting nearly as good...lol i surprised myself.

we went to 500 yards and i left the windage be....????? we couldn't see the impacts but i saw 1 v-bull.. mirage was fierce on the bog...lol

when i went over i had 3 in the v-bull and 2 in the 5 ,the 5 was an inch and a half in width around the v-bull not a standard target but made up and printed off , group was just over 2 1/2 at five hundred, wind was about 6mph gusting.. to 11 to 12..

the trg22 was just shy of one v-bull....lol my mate wasn't impressed....lol

so we shot again and the wind must of changed and opened up the group to a dismal just under 6 inches.... ;) lol trg was scattered to the wind too.... i was using BD's cards and elevation was bang on the money, MY reading the wind was the only thing letting me down... any tips on gauging the winds in thirds would be good...

we had no flags up....!!!! the lads were mightly impressed with the build, and put it down to that, rather than my shooting... the little 87g v-max done the trick hehe cant wait to get the 105's done for next time. to see how they go.

sorry no pics,

but i'll take the camera next time promise.

ATB.

Snap.

Sounds like you had a good day mate.i enjoy it when theres a few doing a bit of comp shooting.i was up at triggers a few month back

I had my 223 and 2 other chaps on here had 308 AI rifles with S+B scopes

Glen ranged a mole hill at 830 yds...so we dialled and with me not having a 20 moa rail under my scope i ran out of elevation so had use my dots on ret and aim off and high..anyway took me about 4 shots to hit it but was so close with the first few.

My mates with the AI didnt hit the mole hill at all... :D:lol:

Mick

Felt damn good to wipe a few grins off their faces mate.....

and its nice to get out there now and again.... note to self,

i must learn to read the wind better....LOL

snap.

Hi bud the wind can effect anyone no matter how good a shot you are.. the wind can be in any direction between you and the tgt...but yes its good when it all falls into place for a good strike.

Archived