125g Sierra SP Spitzer

Orka Akinse

I concur with Graham. I use Berger 125 flat based with 46 grains of varget. Very flat shooting out to 300 yards then they fall off very quickly....

ive been using 48.5g n140, 125g ballistic tips and these are screaming, pretty hot load so work up using the vhit manual, i got .25" groups and they are spectacular on roe but huge exits, good if your shooting near thick cover, no runners

Thanks fellas.

I saw this and thought about giving it a try:

125 GR. SIE SP Hodgdon Varget .308" 2.700" 48.0 3049 42,400 CUP 50.0C 3135 45,700 CUP

48g starting load with 50g max load compressed.

I got this from: http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

Think I'll give it a try then.

What is the meat damage like? Do you all find its large exit holes like Roeboy?

Thanks fellas.

I saw this and thought about giving it a try:

125 GR. SIE SP Hodgdon Varget .308" 2.700" 48.0 3049 42,400 CUP 50.0C 3135 45,700 CUP

48g starting load with 50g max load compressed.

I got this from: http://data.hodgdon.com/cartridge_load.asp

Think I'll give it a try then.

What is the meat damage like? Do you all find its large exit holes like Roeboy?

the soft points shouldnt fragment as much, bit thicker jacket etc, let us know how you get on, i might give them a whirl myself.

i shoot 125's from my R93 .308

48.5 n140 give 2900 fps

49gn h4895 gives 3050 fps

used on roe, munty, fallow and fox - nothing has moved off the spot - i would say they are a bit brutal on roe if youre bothered about carcase damage, clip a rib or shoulder and you can throw the front end away.

used on roe, munty, fallow and fox - nothing has moved off the spot - i would say they are a bit brutal on roe if youre bothered about carcase damage, clip a rib or shoulder and you can throw the front end away.

Thats definately not what I wanted to hear BD will try em and if they look like doing large amounts of damage will use them for Sika.

What do they do on munty's?

Archived