Anyone tried Reloader 17 yet ?

tikka69

read a few articles about it people are saying that the powder is hard on barrel life

.. bruxie

That seems to be the consensus but if you're only shooting animals and not lots of paper, it'll take you years to wear one out.

Chris-NZ

using it in my 25-06

getting ok groups 1/2" -3/4" at 100 yards but supposed to be 10% more fps than others :)

read a few articles about it people are saying that the powder is hard on barrel life

think i might go back to 4831

all the best bruxie

Have you checked the velocity of it over a chrony yet ? Wondered if you were seeing more fps ?

Have you checked the velocity of it over a chrony yet ? Wondered if you were seeing more fps ?

no havent had the chance to chrono it

but the info that was passed down to me was 53 grn rl 17 3250 fps through a sako 75

i was running 49.5 grn imr 4831 rem primmer and was just over 2800 fps

i found a nice group about 52 grn rl 17 fed 210 prim 20 thou of the lands

all the best bruxie

Interestingly the Vit N5 range of powders were also supposed to offer velocity increases without pressure changes, yet I have found N550 to be slower than N150 not faster.

A

• 3 months later...
Guest richness

i tried it, very excitedly, in 243 with 105gr heads, comparing it to a very accuarte RL19 load that runs very hot. Chrony said the RL17 ran abou 80fps iirc hotter but i didn't quite get the magic accuracy of the rl19 load yet so i haven't switched over fully. If i get my straight .284, then i'll be looking at it again for sure but for 243 RL19 takes some beating ime

Archived