Sako P94S Finnfire .22 and Some Exotics

I know there are forum members always on the look-out for the Finnfire, so here's an advice to anybody who wants one that York Guns has just got one in.

Sako P94S

There are also some secondhand rifles in not often seen calibres in at the moment too - 7X64 Brenecke, .300 RUM, .458 Win Mag, 8X68 RWS, 6.5X65 RWS, 7mm Shooting Times Westerner mostly with discounted (but I wouldn't go so far as to say cheap !!) factory ammo too for anybody looking for something exotic.

Yes,

It's hopeless. Some years back, I got involved with your historic military rifle collector and Editor / writer of the North Cape Publishing 'For Collectors Only' books Joe Poyer in California over a 7.62mm ex Royal Singapore Police Swedish Mauser sniper rifle - there were only around 30 made and all ended up here in the UK. I knew of one and Joe tried every trick for around 3 years to get permission to import it into the USA.

We had to prove it had never belonged to a hostile foreign power, and despite getting its entire provenance from its disposal by the Singapore police, the UK dealer who'd bought it and the three British citizens who'd owned it, the US State Department wouldn't relent. Poor Joe eventually gave up and arranged for it to be sold here on commision.

That particular Long Lee in York Guns isn't a bad one in fact. Most that now turn up in the British gun trade are absolute rubbish, suitable only for hanging on walls and looking at (preferably from a distance)!

Laurie

Archived