Cleaning agents recommendations

sauer

Hi Guys

im using hoppes no 009 cleaning fluid for the barrel of my rifle

but im thinking , what do you guys use? is there any product out there that stands out above the rest?

cheers

paul / sauer

hoppes 009 is very good and the bench rest one is a little stronger...

i was currently using the kg product range, and decided to try shooters choice and kano kroil....

the rave reviews had me hooked on the kg range as well as the testiments, the patches always came out clean...!!! after a little while...

So i cleaned the rifle yesterday with a mix of 2 parts shooters choice MC7 and 1 part kroil.....

needless to say i seen copper.... not too much but it took me a little while to get it sorted...

So for the kg copper cleaner i recommend you bin the stuff after my trials .........!!!! i thought it was doing the job myself....!!!

And it does go to prove if it doesn't stink to high hell than its not worth a fook...

Snap.

The 009 is a first rate remover of carbon, Paul....not great for copper...its not its purpose.

I always scrub out with 009, it really does shift carbon. Then for day to day use, i use butches. Its a good remover, on regularly cleaned match barrels. It can struggle however on badly fouled, factory, or old military bores. Thats when the sweets comes in to play. I dont believe there is a stronger copper solvent available .50bmg by montana comes close, but the sweets is thick....like domestos, and sticks to all the bore, not just the bottom.

where are you guys buying your kit from?

looking for a decent dependable supplier, someone who does reliable service quick etc in mail order, coz there aint anything round here does any of the above

found some Buches and sweets on Midwayuk.....buit only problem is they takes bloody ages to deliver,

thanks for all your replies guys

sauer

Archived