Range Finding Binos

Rols

Interesting. I've used Steiner 8x56 rubber armoured binocs for years, and while not top class (the optics are not actually German...) they're great at dawn to dusk varmint-spotting. I wouldn't be happy paying the huge sums necessary for the offerings from Leica or Zeiss, but the new Steiner might be a possibility. I've just emailed the UK distributor 2020 in Maidenhead, for details - will post these here later.

TonyH

Quick update on UK availability - surprise, surprise, they're not going to be available in UK - message from Intro 2020 the UK distributor:

Hi, I'm afraid these are only available through Steiner in the U.S.

Unfortunately Steiner in the U.S. have a completely different range to

the rest of the world and the models available there cannot be bought

anywhere else.

UK dealers lose out on potential sales again... I don't believe that stuff about "USA only" - I bet they're available in all sorts of other places too.

TonyH

DONOT feel bad , Steiner USA have actually done you a big favour , these are priced almost like a PLRF-10 ( they range 2.5k ) and the steiners only range 1.5k , to me thats Junk , had thought Steiner might have been a good option , but if you look at the price point & range they can do , its a joke , PLUS they look cheap and nasty to me , NO loss , what so ever .

Later Chris

Chris,

I've not handled the Stiener's but have the PLRF-10's in various specs and agree the PLRF's are very good.

Not sure on your pricing info though, the steiners are $2000 ( http://www.binocularsetc.com/steiner-10x50...culars-398.html ) the best I've seen the PLRF's for is £3200 which is more than twice as much.

Brgds Terry

Archived