Anyone had dealing's with Fox Firearms scope and how well does it hold zero with dialing in

Fox's 8-32x56

comment's please

HI Trigg.

I had a look at one that a friend has on his 223.

I know they are not an expensive scope - but my impressions were , it felt cheap - poor field of veiw and a dark

picture on high mag. Dont know about how well they perform when dialling in though.

Alan

• 2 weeks later...

I've three 8-32s with various dia. objective lens sizes. They've done very well for me, and go on and off all sorts of rifles using Leupold QRW QD mounts. One is currently on a .300 H&H Mag and has stood up to around 300 185gn bullets at a bit over 3,000 fps to date without breaking.

I'm surprised at the comment about the cheap looks and poor light-gathering as mine are very good on both counts. They are very big and heavy compared to a Leupold, Sightron or equivalent though. On the other hand, you get half a dozen or more Fox scopes for the price of an 8-32X56 Sightron Series III (great scope, I wish I could afford more than the one I have!), or around 16 Foxes compared to a high-spec S&B PMII.

However, my trio are early models. One problem with Chinese made kit is that what you get in one order may be very different from that previously supplied - everybody who deals with the Chinese says this, and the tendency is always to reduce qaulity control or spec after they've got the business to improve their margins, so today's Fox scopes may or may not be as good as those of a couple of years ago like mine! I don't know this, just speculate if others are unimpressed now.

The adjustment knobs are precise and reasonably accurate and repeatable. Nothing is perfect in this regard, even high-end top price stuff is usually 5-10% out on an MOA basis. Vince Bottomley tested one of the very early Fox models for 'Target Sports' Mag and found it pretty good by any standards in this regard, very good considering the price.

Archived