FAC renewal

Streeker59

Had my firearms officer around today as i'm up for renewal. A new chap to me so it was important to create a good impression..

A few weeks ago i cleaned out the armoury so everything was in its place.

Ammo checked to ensure i was within my limits in all aspects just in case he wanted a count up. Like i said, this is a new chap so i had no idea how thorough he was going to be..

Well as it turned out, nothing could have been simpler. He did a check of my security measures, checked serial numbers against what i owned and asked for up to date letters of permission to shoot on farms etc..

I also asked for an amendment to my application in that i wanted a 6.5 x 55 changed to just 6.5 so i could make my mind up later as and when.. No problem !!!

All in all a hassle free experience once again... Thank you Bedfordshire Police..... :blink:

I am in Beds too, and they are pretty fair, although they now have my ammo a bit odd - .32ACP as EXP but not for the 223! Told not to worry by FLO. We shall see!

A friend had his serial numbers wrong when his renewal came back, and ammo left on ticket for a calibre no longer owned.

No complaints about service, though. Turnaround is very good.

Just check it before you sign it!!

Archived