Viht N130 Tac .20

20Tac

Has anyone tried Viht N130 in Tac .20 for 39/40gr heads?

It was used in the Shooting Times article in this combination (24gr N130 at 3880fps sierra 39gr), but I haven't seen load data elsewhere....?

Thanks,

Andrew

Andrew i got a small amount of n130 from a mate to try in my .20tact [dont own it now ] i only tried 25 rounds and used 40gn berger match and 39gn sierras and a few 32vmax my testing was limited by lack of powder but those few lead me to believe that it was not going to work.i got very erratic grouping,you may want to try but the cost of a full tub of viht could be best spent on n133 or my favourite powder rel10x.the lack of load data for n130 tells its own tale.

the .20tact seems to like powders in the burn rate of n133-n135 and all inbetween.i know n130 and n`133 are very near but i think it is the case [223]that determines the powder it likes,if that makes sense.in my search for the holy grail i tried a lot of powders and found out very quickly if a certain powder was any good.

if you want any more info feel free to ask.

My standard .223 load for the past few years uses 25+gr of N130 behind the 40gr V-Max and it's very good indeed, re both velocity and accuracy. I don't know whether this would translate into the same with Tac 20 but the case and bore are barely altered...

TonyH

Thanks for info.

GaryW - Have you still got the N130 load data? (I do use 10X but might try N130 at some point).

TonyH - Yes I think it should work, and the shooting times data seems to suggest it does work well.

A

• 3 weeks later...

i use rl10x in my .204 and are finding it very dirty ,im thinking of trying the BL-C(2) (very fine Ball Powder) whichs looks the part and flows very well indeed as well as a cleaner burning powder .really is a nice powder to work with its a shame all powders don`t look the same as the BL-C(2) it may be worth a try ..its on par with the rl10x N135

Archived