22.250AI

v-max

Hi all i have been very busy since the start of the grouse right through the season & still now with the foreshore duck/geese. I was wondering if any of the 22.250AI owners/reloaders could help with data for me please. I have looked reloaders nest etc but i need a powder/bullet combo for a 1-14 twist 22.250AI shooting a 55g bullet please. Its for a keeper mate who told me he just had it done etc. I know the 22.250AI is more done with the 60g-80g bullets in mind & can find data quite easy in the heavyer bullets. I was thinking of Varget or Vit N150 but unsure on a 55g bullet that could with stand the velocity as its just for plinking crow/rabbits/fox/roe etc. Would v-max with stand the velocity?? or should i be looking down the berger route stuff any advice help would be great please whats your thoughts.

I am shooting 52grn Berger varmints out of mine, pushed along by 38grns of IMR 4895 in Nosler custom brass and sparked by a large federal 210M primer.

Velocities average 3840fps.

I have propelled the same bullet upto 4200fps with 42grains of Vit 550 but accuracy at that speed is pretty poor going about 3/4moa.

Ian.

I am shooting 52grn Berger varmints out of mine, pushed along by 38grns of IMR 4895 in Nosler custom brass and sparked by a large federal 210M primer.

Velocities average 3840fps.

I have propelled the same bullet upto 4200fps with 42grains of Vit 550 but accuracy at that speed is pretty poor going about 3/4moa.

Ian.

Hi cheers ian for your input on the info think i will just play about with it & try varget & 55g v-max cheers.

Archived