scope rets

col48

Hi

I'm thinking of getting a new scope.but none come close to what I'm after.

is there any company that can put me a ret in a scope and illuminate it for me.

I'm after a dot the same size as the night-force but in a better scope.

ATB

Colin

PS i spoke to someone at the shot show that did the work for S&B i think they where called premier reticules. but there is nothing on there web site

Tall order Colin... What is it about the Nightforce that you don't like ? My crib about mine is that you have to remove the battery to adjust the brightness blindly.. Stupid idea. The designer wants a slap for that one...

What is it you're looking for in a scope apart from the illuminated dot reticle ?

Tall order Colin... What is it about the Nightforce that you don't like ? My crib about mine is that you have to remove the battery to adjust the brightness blindly.. Stupid idea. The designer wants a slap for that one...

What is it you're looking for in a scope apart from the illuminated dot reticle ?

Pretty sure you dont on mine.

A

the glass is crap

the hole end of the scope moves when you turn up or down the mag.

the illumination as stated.

i would like a smit with a good ret or a swao with the same.

a dot that covers 3" @ 500 is no good to me. Swaro z6

ATB

Colin

"Pretty sure you dont on mine."

Really ? I have an NSX. I have to unscrew the illuminator switch / parallax adjuster and remove the battery. There is a small rheostat ( positioned at 9 o'clock ) that one turns to adjust brightness. You then put it all back together and recheck the brightness setting..

DSCF0444.jpg

Talk to Smit they will fit any reticle you want including illuminated.

Redfox

Hi redfox

i spoke to smit a couple of years ago and they said they could not illuminate a dot the same size as the night force.

maybe things have changed, but at the shot show they had a company doing there ret work for them. it was the same company that used to do Leupold's scopes rets

ATB

Colin

Have to agree the illumination on a Nightforce is a bit fiddly but once set to a desired level I have never needed it to be any different.The glass is not crap its just not as good as S@B,Zeiss etc.Redfox-who do you talk to at S@B ? I tried to get an enquiry in with regard to reticules of choice and was told that I could not have anything I wanted and was actually quite limited in choice? Could you please let us know who we have to talk to at S @ B please?

Col 48 what do you mean re "the whole end of the scope moves"do you mean a change of zero/image shift or what please.Onehole.

He means that when you increase or decrease the mag setting, the whole of the eye bell turns.

If you have a butler creek lens cover insitu that of course turns too. As such the flip up will be all over the place..

yep thats what i ment.

thanks

col

Have to agree the illumination on a Nightforce is a bit fiddly but once set to a desired level I have never needed it to be any different.The glass is not crap its just not as good as S@B,Zeiss etc.Redfox-who do you talk to at S@B ? I tried to get an enquiry in with regard to reticules of choice and was told that I could not have anything I wanted and was actually quite limited in choice? Could you please let us know who we have to talk to at S @ B please?

Col 48 what do you mean re "the whole end of the scope moves"do you mean a change of zero/image shift or what please.Onehole.

Hi -

I can only say you must be easy to please. with night-force scopes now £1500 the glass is crap compared to S&B zeiss and Leupold at a fraction of the price.

so i stand by my statement. and will add you only get a letter box view as well. that makes target acquisition harder than any other scope i have used or owned. and there is not many i have not tried or had a very very long look at.

ATB

Colin

Col, we got some s/h s+b,s in a while ago. I think they were pm11 4-16 x 50,s. They had a duplex ret with some stadia lines, and a very fine illuminated dot, plus they were 34 mil tubes, so lots of adjustment. They were military/police take offs, and very good indeed, but heavy for a stalking gun. I think there,s one left, or York guns will still have some. My mate uses one on his 6.5 i built him, and he loves it. May not tick all the boxes, but certainly worth a squint. I think they were first focal plane too.

Col, we got some s/h s+b,s in a while ago. I think they were pm11 4-16 x 50,s. They had a duplex ret with some stadia lines, and a very fine illuminated dot, plus they were 34 mil tubes, so lots of adjustment. They were military/police take offs, and very good indeed, but heavy for a stalking gun. I think there,s one left, or York guns will still have some. My mate uses one on his 6.5 i built him, and he loves it. May not tick all the boxes, but certainly worth a squint. I think they were first focal plane too.

Hi dave

im after second focal plain so every thing stays the same.

shoot me a PM with price as it sounds intresting

Thanks

colin

Hi dave

im after second focal plain so every thing stays the same.

shoot me a PM with price as it sounds intresting

Thanks

colin

have a look at the ziess victory number 50ret

when u iluminate jst the very fibe dot lights up!

at the mo it looks the same as my nxs but in the feild at night is where ill see a diff I hope!Ii think the nxs is fairly good mind its better then a conquest at dusk!

the image feels closer to the eye on the ziess which is weird

cheers Andy

I have always spoken to Hans Bender himself, only he makes the decisions ( thats why the others are a bit cagey) and as far as I know Premier Reticles still do their custom reticles.

He is very polite and helpful, but a bit of commonsense here, if everyone rings him and wants all sorts of personal fancies he will very quickly become unavailable!!!!

Redfox

"Pretty sure you dont on mine."

Really ? I have an NSX. I have to unscrew the illuminator switch / parallax adjuster and remove the battery. There is a small rheostat ( positioned at 9 o'clock ) that one turns to adjust brightness. You then put it all back together and recheck the brightness setting..

DSCF0444.jpg

I will have to dig mine out and have a look, dont remember taking the battery out though but I might be wrong, only adjusted it the once.

A S&B with a NF dot would indeed be one heck of a scope.

A

Archived