New ground!!!!!

I been checking some new ground which i picked up the permission on just before Christmas recently!!!

Now that the syndicate has stopped shooting and things have settled , i have been spending a bit more time checking the ground out!!

There is quite allot of sporadic woods around this area and had a report from the farmer that on the last shoot of the season the syndicate pushed 4 roe out of the wood!!!

I have seen 2 myself whilst out on the ground Foxing at night!!

This weekend i thought i would concentrate on this area and had a Saturday early morning / evening stalk - wait up , but no luck apart from seeing a Fox disappear into the wood!!!

The Sunday i gave it a miss in the morning but went out in the evening!!

I went to the spot where i had seen the Roe in the rape field but the wind was in the wrong direction!!

So i went across to another area that has been looking promising, i can lay on the other side of the hedge where i can watch the wood from some 230yds or so away!!

Just as the light was fading and i was thinking no luck but still a lovely evening out , i spotted 2 light colored patches on the edge of the wood!!!

I had a look through the geovids and confirmed it was 2 Roe does!!!

the 2 Roe does came towards me and then stopped at 121yds , i then shouldered the 6PPC waiting for a nice side on shot!! , I gave it a while and it was obvious it was not going to happen!! , so with the light fading i dropped the first Doe with a head shot!!

The second doe ran off and stopped by the edge of the wood some 200yds away!! , the shot was safe so i dropped that as well with the 6PPC and 85 grain nosler SBBTs.........

the PPC and the 85 grainers are a cracking combination - superbly accurate ( deer legal ) and hardly no recoil so you see everything from your shot!!

What a fantastic end to a lovely evening!!!!

DSCF3825.jpg

DSCF3830.jpg

The freezer shall be looking more full now too!!!

All the best...............

RAY.............................

Thanks fellas!! ;) ;)

Was a sure memorable hunt and what with the freezer getting low it shall stock it up nicely for the forthcoming months!! :D;)

RAY...............................

Nice one Ray,

Sounds like you had some fun there my mate ;)

Speak soon, Darrel

Thanks Darrel...... :D;)

Them 85 grainer's are very accurate and just the thing for small to medium sized deer!!! :lol:

Speak soon my mate........... ;):D

RAY...........................

• 1 month later...

Archived