High end scope help

skany

Hi guys

ok im fed up with scopes & im sure my eyes arent wht they were & im strugling to see the ret on my conquest under amber lamp light, so i thought sod it ill get something thats sposed to be the best & worry about the price later

so the main contenders are

swarvoski z6

swarvoski z5

ziess victory

these are all in the same ball park awith the z5 being cheaper!

altho the only z5 with a balsitic turret is a number 4ret wich is to thick for my use!

so must have external turrets

must be able to see the ret under lamp light without ilumination as the reason i took the nsx off was it P%$%$ me off having to keep turning it on to see the ret!

but the ret must still be fine for long range crows & such!

any other sugestion in this price range ??

Not ior tho not keen on the ret at all!

cheers Andy

If you want the ultra fine reticule or even better a dot then you will have to go illumated to see it on the edge of a beam. NF only take a £3 key fob battery (2031?) and I think turn themselves off after a few hours if you forget.

My eyes are also getting worse by the day, I turned down a 150 yarder the other night as I could only make out the two eyes and nothing behind it to id what it was. Sheep were in the field I was in but what could have been charlie or maybe a sheep was in drilled wheat, all I could see over the hedge was its eyes. Had an amber on a 170 clipped to a Swaro PVS 50mm, sooner or later it will be going.

Suggestions for a replacement, has to be either Ziess Victory on your list or S&B. Optically not a lot to choose between themm S&B maybe have an edge on rets with P4L.

A

If you want second facal plain Hendsoldt, Zeiss and Swarovsli are the way to go - for me in that order. Not too keen on tube thickness or lack of it with the Zeiss vmv scopes - have seen a busted tube. Excellent glass though - looked better than my S&B at the time.

First Focal Plain - US Optics and S&B PMII in that order for me glass wise - and I have spent time with half a dozen of each side by side at dusk / dark.

Also consider which direction you want your turrets turning.

With a USO I can help if you are interested.

David.

If you want second facal plain Hendsoldt, Zeiss and Swarovsli are the way to go - for me in that order. Not too keen on tube thickness or lack of it with the Zeiss vmv scopes - have seen a busted tube. Excellent glass though - looked better than my S&B at the time.

First Focal Plain - US Optics and S&B PMII in that order for me glass wise - and I have spent time with half a dozen of each side by side at dusk / dark.

David.

thansk mate but i think ive decided on teh ziess:-)

Andy

I cant speak for the Z5 but I own two Z6's both ballistic turrets with number 4 reticules. I can say from those that the reticule is very fine. Didnt obscure the rabbit I shot at 300yards or the magpie I had a pop at at 600. They may be different in the Z5 models so cant say for definite. I have the 2.5-15x56 and 3-18x50 ballistic turret models and they are absolutely F@:>%ng awesome. I will hopefully over the next few years replace all my scopes with this model. I had a zenith and Leupold VX3 both are fine scope but they are inferior to the Z6. They are comparable to the Schmidt marksman scopes on a 34mm tube and for less money to boot. US optics are excellent cant say I have compared them so that one I will leave to someone else. Better quality customer service and glass than zeiss. Go and have a look through one and you will find that the reticule is fine. The ballistic turret is excellent and easy to use with a free ballistics program online for setting it up. Customer service and delivery of these scopes is excellent. Never had a problem picking out the reticule under a lamp either. Good luck with your decision on this one personal choice does have a lot to do with it. Personally I go for swarovski.

Regards

alled

David.

i never heard of these uso optics but they seem to be getting a real good rating from some very experienced guys on here....

basically looking at their site ( for my brother ) he can get the scope he wants illuminated for same money as un-illuminated versions from the "big 3 " !!!!! hes really fancying the SN-3 T-PAL but illuminated

ds1 you can help .....just curious as to how ?????

are they really that good glass wise?

sauer/ paul

Hi Paul,

I have 2 sn3 (whatever I want TPal, Ergo...whatever) builds owed to me by USO. I was going to offer the "build your own scope with a discount" in the for sale section MDMOA reticule and rings, ARD etc..... it is the best scope I have, however for my type of shooting my Nightforce NXS 12-42x56 scopes suits my needs better.

David.

after trawling the net most seem to put the ziess glass ahead of the Z6

& the balistic turret on the swarvo looks almost useless to be honest :P

took the plunge & ordered the ziess today with number 60 ret

cheers Andy

let us know how you get on with it skany ??

out of interest where did you end up buying from? ...nosey to see who best prices are from

and i apologise for hijacking your thread a bit

all the best

sauer / paul

let us know how you get on with it skany ??

out of interest where did you end up buying from? ...nosey to see who best prices are from

and i apologise for hijacking your thread a bit

all the best

sauer / paul

Hi |Paul

got it from uttings mate

1569 with a pair of bushneel binos that are worth about 130ish(going on thebay:-P)

sportys are like 1630 odd

Cheers Andy

Ballistic turrets are the Swarovski Z6 are pretty good its a dial in system so its preset for whatever ranges you choose to set. For instance you could have initial zero at 100 yards dead on then 2 more at 200 and 300 then the last at a 1000. The ballistic calculator online and downloadable gives you all the data you need to set them up and then check them. If you need additional info you punch in the data select the range you want and it gives you the adjustment. Press print and away you go. It also list all avialable known factory ammo as well as allowing you to input your own home loads. It also does windage and all the things you get from paying for exbal. It works just ask the bunnies or not in this case there dead. Glass is personall preference. I shop alot at Adenbourne who have both the Z6 and the high end zeiss range. Side by side comparison Z6 is better for my eyes anyway. The great thing about the Z6's is ease of use. The ballistic turret makes life easy with present ranges no need to count, just look for the or if its dark you can feel the settings and easily reset to your original point. Best advice have a play with all of the above and then make a sound reasoned judgement, thats the way i did it, but since you have ordered a zeiss good luck with it and I hope it works for you. Unless I can afford a US optics build I will stick with swarovski Z6. They are just to good.

• 1 month later...

Hi Guys

as a update

im really liking the new scope !:-)

was a little weird & alien going from MOA to half cm clicks but now i have my head around it IM jsut not having to think about it at all!

The glass is realy good & the number 60ret is just the dogs B*%*%*%* for charlie with no ilumination required undeer amber light !yey :)

so all in all im a happy bunny!

funny thing is I rang my local of some scope caps for it & he says I should have called him earlyer as he has just got a SH one in! :D

anyways long story short I now have two :wub:

at least im metric on both rifle now:-)

altho im still ranging & zeroing in yds :blush:

cheers Andy

Archived