A few more done over the weekend.

Guest northernchris

Guest northernchris

With being real busy in the workshop this last week or so,we took Steve's 300 Win Mag out to run some loads over the crono and even managed to get out last nite for a few hours. :P Up to now he has been running factory fodder through the Remmy VSSF but he couldnt find anything that shot less than 1.5" @ 100 yrds. So we had a trip up to Clarkes to pick some brass,powder and heads up F++K ME :rolleyes: £127 per 100 for Lapua brass !!!!!!!!!!!!

After a few hours runnning the loads the best one came out as 155 grn A-max in front of 77.1 grn of N560 warmed by CCI Mag primer doing 3122 fps but stunningly accurate doing 5 x 5 shot groups all printing a nats under MOA with the barrel a tad warm after 2 shots ,next up we will have a look at some Lapua VLD's.

Anyway heres a couple of pics of the charlies we had last nite.

29082007139.jpg

29082007138.jpg

30082007140.jpg

Oh and the new load works pretty dam good on charlie !!!!! :P maybe abit of over kill but hay dead is dead!!

03092007141.jpg

Guest 308Panther

300Winmag for Fox???

New one on me,but I would say your lucky to have something left

to take a picture of...

Thats as bad as me using a .308 for Coyotes.... :rolleyes:

308Panther

Guest northernchris
;) Plenty of gun for over here,but it is for boar and Reds over in france.Steve is off out there for a wee while doing some coaching/work for Brieve rugby club so we wanted to get it sorted ;) I am heading out there end of October for a week to do abit and catch some rugby as the same time ;)

When he needs some more brass, which wont be for a while, I have found the Winchester brass works just as well and is a quarter of the price nearly, about £34 per 100 from RSD.

I use 165gr sierra hpbt and sptbt gamekings and 180gr sptbt gamekings, they all produce near onehole groups with win cases, cci mag primers and reloader 22 powder.

Nothing like making sure they dont jump up and runaway again ;)

Redfox

Archived