Very nice and not easy to get, Ive only ever had one and that was the only chance Ive had. I know other jammy gits as you say, who have had several.

Its one of those special shooting moments you re-live many times over, well done.

Redfox

personally i think if foxhunter says it was a left and a right, well thats good enough for me :D

well done -

ATB

Colin :o

Colin

No need for the incessant sniping. :D Sour grapes will get you nothing in life apart from being miserable. Move on mate :)

Personally I always think it's good to be able to share the good moments in a shooting day will friends. Hence my question. :D

Colin

Sour grapes will get you nothing in life apart from being miserable. Move on mate :)

no sour grapes here, so nothing to move on with, :o

Personally I always think it's good to be able to share the good moments in a shooting day will friends. Hence my question. :D

like i said, personally i think if he says he shot a left and a right thats good enough for me,its a sham every one can not just except things for what they are,instead of trying to twist them,and put the element of doubt in to peoples minds.but you stick to your story harry/swede

Nice one Foxy. that is a rare feat buddy, and usually a once in a lifetimes experience. I dont know if such a thing exists for snipe, but i believe the woodcock club, run by Bols/shooting times still exists. Basically, to be eligible, you have to shoot a right and left, but it must be infront of 3 witnesses, i believe. I know a keeper who has done it 3 times, and never had enough witnesses! the poor sod, it kills him, because he loves shooting woodcock.

Snipe are a different thing alltogether, i,ve shot at many, and never hit one. Snipe pudding for tea then?

Nice one!

Did anyone else witness your moment of glory?

Thanks for the replies lads. I was lucky enough to have another 3 guns out with me who witnessed the event .The funny thing is though that I managed a right and left in the same place last year but only managed to pick 1 bird so it didnt count. I was very pleased when we managed to pick both birds this time. Wonder if Ill do it again next time ???

Thanks for the replies lads. I was lucky enough to have another 3 guns out with me who witnessed the event .The funny thing is though that I managed a right and left in the same place last year but only managed to pick 1 bird so it didnt count. I was very pleased when we managed to pick both birds this time. Wonder if Ill do it again next time ???

Its good to read that you had mates around to witness your luck. Or should I say shooting prowess? Nah I'll stick with luck.

I hope the first 2 rounds in the bar where your shout at the end of the day.

Enjoy your prizes on some nice thick toast Mmmmmmmmmm.......

Guest 308Panther

Nice Shooting there FoxHunter...

I am not sure whats meant by a right and left but a double is still a double and that still means some good shooting is still needed.

Over here we call them woodcock...and I have my first one mounted.

We can only load 3 shots in our semi's for shooting Woodcock,Duck,Goose and Dove...

and those little birds sure can toss ya some humble pie.

The ammo makers figured it out it that 8 shots are fired for every one dove that is dropped...and I am not gonna argue their math....The way I shot last year I was lucky to get one dove,and it was a bad year for Woodcock...Over here they migrate and usually fly ahead of the cold fronts...We had very spotty weather so a few would come...and then a few more on the next wave...We didnt get the big push we usually do....and the way it was timed was over the weekdays,so on the weekends there wasnt alot of birds in our area to drop.They had passed thru already.

Very Nice Shooting.

308Panther

Nice Shooting there FoxHunter...

I am not sure whats meant by a right and left but

The term comes from shooting side-by-side shotguns where you have a left and a right barrel

Over here we call them woodcock...and I have my first one mounted.

We have woodcock over here too, the snipe foxy shot are their smaller cousin

Very Nice Shooting.

308Panther

Archived