Cast Bullets

lilguy43uk

Due to range limitations I have the need to load down my handloads to within specifications. One of these is that cast bullets only are to be used.

Other than Midway, has anyone any idea of a reliable source of cast bullets in 22/250 Remington or .308W calibres please?

I could try casting my own but space is tight and I would need to sell one of my children to make room. Wait, that's not a bad idea. :rolleyes:

Before you order bullets though, you will need to do some measurements of your rifle's chamber and barrel. You will also need to decide how fast and far you will be shooting. Not to be sticking my chin out in a pub, but I've been shooting cast bullets in rifles for over 25 years and have had a great deal of experience loading both of these calibers at all speeds. If I can assist, please feel free to PM or e-mail me. ~Andrew

PS: I would add that if you already have a reloading set up, the equipment needed to process cast bullets would not necessitate selling offspring. Only having a few square feet of outdoor space to cast the bullets is needed beyond your loading bench as generally, the casting furnace is put away between casting sessions. A decent 20 pound capacity furnace for small volume will fit into about a cubic foot of space.

Before you order bullets though, you will need to do some measurements of your rifle's chamber and barrel. You will also need to decide how fast and far you will be shooting. Not to be sticking my chin out in a pub, but I've been shooting cast bullets in rifles for over 25 years and have had a great deal of experience loading both of these calibers at all speeds. If I can assist, please feel free to PM or e-mail me. ~Andrew

PS: I would add that if you already have a reloading set up, the equipment needed to process cast bullets would not necessitate selling offspring. Only having a few square feet of outdoor space to cast the bullets is needed beyond your loading bench as generally, the casting furnace is put away between casting sessions. A decent 20 pound capacity furnace for small volume will fit into about a cubic foot of space.

Andrew

I've tried to pm you but the function is disabled on my account. Until I can get a mod to enable it, can you contact me through my email address please?

Thanks

Archived