Pigeon out of tree at 522 yards video

sir-slots-alot

Hi Chaps.

Not the greatest varmint video , I know - and I also managed to knock the camera over , before I could pull he zoom back to show the range.... :):wacko::blush::blush:

but as the shot is over 500 yards , I thought I would share it anyway

The pigeons were crystal clear in my 6-24x56 Zeiss scope , but the camera couldn't pick the birds up very well

I adjusted for a drop of 58 inches and zero windage.

The pigeon drops at the shot - and I walked all the way over just to make sure - and yes there was one very dead pigeon beneth the tree.

PS .. your probably best watching it in big screen mode .... :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=SirSlo...u/0/PsFbUsl0-_U

Cheers me Dears

Alan

Hi Alan wicked shot!

i always seem to have a miniumum of 6mph at nigh on 90o !lol

i long for the straight down the barrel wind & 1-2mph wind days!.....

I got a 336yd crow yesterday but after loosing two opportunities setting the camera up I jsut shot the damn thing!

I did however get the camera up on the truck & zoom in over the rifle on the wing the 155g Amax left in the tree & got a pic of crow & wing when it fell out lol! :rolleyes:

cheers andy

Hi Chaps.

Not the greatest varmint video , I know - and I also managed to knock the camera over , before I could pull he zoom back to show the range.... :D:wacko::blush::blush:

but as the shot is over 500 yards , I thought I would share it anyway

The pigeons were crystal clear in my 6-24x56 Zeiss scope , but the camera couldn't pick the birds up very well

I adjusted for a drop of 58 inches and zero windage.

The pigeon drops at the shot - and I walked all the way over just to make sure - and yes there was one very dead pigeon beneth the tree.

PS .. your probably best watching it in big screen mode .... :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uz2xIVo4RH8

Cheers me Dears

Alan

Hi Alan, great shots, how about finding some way of showing us the equipment you are using to get the pictures and shots that put many of us to shame, and even how you set things up.

Arthur

Hi Alan, great shots, how about finding some way of showing us the equipment you are using to get the pictures and shots that put many of us to shame, and even how you set things up.

Arthur

Hi Arthur.

Yes no problem mate ,

Next time I take the camera out - instead of rangefinding and dialling in before I switch the camera on , I will film the shot from

scratch.

All the best

Alan

• 1 month later...

Archived