243AI and 87v-max loads

dogfox1

Hi,

Is there any one out there got a good load for 87 v-max bullets in a 243AI.

Currently got good a load for 70 grn BT's using Varget, just fancied trying something a little heavier.

Not sure if Varget would be suitable for the heavier bullet, but would prefer to use it as it is a little less susceptible to temperature changes.

Currently have Varget, H414 and V165 in the cupboard.

Many Thanks

Dogfox1

tight neck reamer 1in 9 twist 26" barrel

hi dogfox1,

my 243win load with 87 grain v max is 37 grains of varget in a lapau case with a cci br primer cant see that it would be a million miles out using it in a 243ai just depends what effect your faster twist rate would have on them over my standard howa varmint barrel.

graham.

Many thanks Graham, if your load is not near the Maximum I think I should be able to start at 37.5 grains of Varget quite safety and then work up.

By the way I have one tin of H4350 which is close to H414 in the cupboard as well, Just did not want to go out and buy another powder.

Dogfox1

mid load for 85 grain bullets and one grain under max for 90 grain bullets according to my speer manual no13

graham.

Once again many thanks for the information Graham.

Its looks like I could possibly, even start at just under 38 grains of Varget with my fire formed cases.

Dogfox1

Hi dogfox1 I use H4350 in my standard .243 so it might be a good starting load for the .243AI my load is H4350 45gr 87gr v-max seated 10thou off the lands fed 210M primers lapua brass and get 3300 fps from a 26 inch barrel and shoots 3/8 at 100 yards groups.

Hi,

Is there any one out there got a good load for 87 v-max bullets in a 243AI.

Currently got good a load for 70 grn BT's using Varget, just fancied trying something a little heavier.

Not sure if Varget would be suitable for the heavier bullet, but would prefer to use it as it is a little less susceptible to temperature changes.

Currently have Varget, H414 and V165 in the cupboard.

Many Thanks

Dogfox1

tight neck reamer 1in 9 twist 26" barrel

hi pal i used 49 gr of vit 160 under my 87 gr vmax tips it generated 3444 fps out of the barrel and i was sub half inch at a hunderd yard :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...

Archived