Targets to live quarry??

rooster

I have a .308 and .22 down as target use only but i am keen to get out and about and try a spot of pest control. I shot a lot as a kid with air rifles but have just recently returned to shooting and have no contacts other than shooting on ranges. The common advice is get out knocking on farmers doors but i have never used a rimfire other than at targets and would be wary of the safety aspect initially. I consider myself a decent/safe shot but other than paid stalking what are my options? Rabbit shooting would be ideal but i have not come across any you can pay for. I had thought of getting a SGC and joining a syndicate to get my foot in the door but i am not really interested in shotguns. Any ideas?

cheers

hi Rooster

first you will need to get your conditions changes on your FAC! to enable you to buy expanding ammo for one!

you will need permission on some land to carry out the vermin control before you can get it on your ticket and you would also probably have to get the land cleared for that caliber as i doubt that you have an 'open ticket' if you only have target conditions at present

basically it will require some work by you and a bit of negotiation with your FLO and it all depends upon which Police Authority your under as to how many hoops you will have to jump through

best of luck mate

Ian

Archived